Which NFL team has a worse O-line right now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which NFL team has a worse O-line right now?

KC and Minnesota seem to have it all. :(

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

however that I think Wanny and Co screwed the pooch in thinking that Nails and the other injured players would come back 100%.
that is an excellent point - if not great English ;) - that Wanne being a religious man may have been more :pray: praying than expecting Dixon and Nails to be 100% all year.

i agree, the talent this offseason was very high priced. O linemen make gobs of money these days it seems. signing a Kyle Turley this offseason would've precluded signingat least some of the guys like Knight, Seau, Zgonina, and Thompson, or keeping the defensive core intact. not to mention Turley is a nut job, who cost his team a game last season with his antics.

I posted this on another thread and I'll repeat it here....

What bothers me the most about this situation is that prior to the season beginning, DW and the FO KNEW...

1. Dixon is better suited at guard than tackle and yet no "real" effort was put into signing a bonefide LT. "too expensive" always being the excuse.

2. Once they settled on Dixon at LT, they KNEW the depth was missing. Yet no signing of a veteran was done.

Now, an injury prone Dixon is once again hurt (difficult to predict that one, Yatil says), and we have a rookie trying to not be overwhelmed.

I blame this situation completely on DW. His poor foresight (knowing Dixon is prone to injury and Nails was coming off a very bad injury) has put this OL in dire need. On top of that, he is rotating his center, thus not allowing the rest of the line to gel.

I will admit right now that I was one of those who was not worried about the offensive line in the offseason and at the beginning of the year... There were many that were predicting this problem and I'm sorry to say they were right and I was wrong. Clearly, we should have done more this offseason to improve the OL... Sucks to be wrong...

Back
Top Bottom