Which players have become favorites of yours? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which players have become favorites of yours?

WaddleWaddle

Club Member
Reaction score
Since I'm tired of seeing all these negative threads and how we picked the wrong QB and blah blah blah I thought I'd make a thread where we focus on current fins players that over the last two years you have grown to love. Mine has to be Andrew Van Ginkel. Besides the fact that he has an amazing name, the kid just works his ass off play after play. When I was watching the Broncos drive down the field to ice the game when it was 20-13, I just kept thinking okay we need someone to make a play here and its either going to be Howard of Van Ginkel who does it, and sure enough he forces a fumble at the 1-yard line to give the team a chance to pull off the win.

Honorable mention to Jason Sanders, there's something about a kicker lining up for a 53 yard field goal and it almost feels like other kickers kicking from 35 yards out, you just know he is going to nail it.

Since I'm tired of seeing all these negative threads and how we picked the wrong QB and blah blah blah I thought I'd make a thread where we focus on current fins players that over the last two years you have grown to love. Mine has to be Andrew Van Ginkel. Besides the fact that he has an amazing name, the kid just works his *** off play after play. When I was watching the Broncos drive down the field to ice the game when it was 20-13, I just kept thinking okay we need someone to make a play here and its either going to be Howard of Van Ginkel who does it, and sure enough he forces a fumble at the 1-yard line to give the team a chance to pull off the win.

Honorable mention to Jason Sanders, there's something about a kicker lining up for a 53 yard field goal and it almost feels like other kickers kicking from 35 yards out, you just know he is going to nail it.

Here is the fun part of Being a Dolphin fan. Can't remember the last time I had more than 2-3 'favorites.' In this case, AVG, Sanders, Wilkins, Gesicki, Brandon Jones, R Davis, Jackson, Seiler. That's a lot of favorites, but I like watching them play.

• I’m full on a Flores fan
  • Tua. Self explanatory.
  • Love Van Ginkel’s non stop motor. I have to admit, I’m surprised by his play.
  • I’m proud of Devante Parker and how he’s come on the past two years. I was worried it wasn’t going to happen.
  • Love Kindley. The tough, physical no-nonsense guard we have needed forever. IMO, if we can get him to lose 15-20 lbs, I think it will help his conditioning and won’t have to reach quite as much because his feet will get him into better position.
  • I like Ahmed’s burst. I think he can have a role.
  • Wilkins is a top notch leader and you can see how much our run D dropped off w/o him.
  • Eric Rowe has been a very good safety. When he came out of Utah, I thought safety, and then he played so much corner. But he’s made to play safety.
  • Brandon Jones can be a good player for us at a position critical to Flores’ defense.
  • Ogbah has been a great pickup.
  • Sanders deserves kudos. People like to knock kickers. I don’t subscribe to that. It’s not a gimmick position like DH in baseball. It’s part of the game and always has been. It’s important and shouldn’t be treated as an aside. It directly impacts points. The top coaches make sure their special team units are emphasized. Flores does that. You could see that great Fejdelem tackle. Flores makes sure he’s covered.
Needs: playmaking, sideline to sideline inside linebacker. Edge pass rusher (maybe two). Electric receiver. Rugged RB who can break tackles.

Last edited:
1. Gink- saw him flash late last year and couldn't wait to see more. Him and my #2 are the main reasons why I was so down on Flores the first 3 weeks. I wanted Chase Winovich badd and was so pissed NE got him. Starting to think AVG will be better.

2. Seiler- Kind of like AVG as soon as he came in last year you saw constant flashes of very good play. Should have gotten more run last year. Is anyone really surprised our defense looked so much better when Godchaux got hurt and Seiler started playing much more.

3. Brandon Jones- Kid has impressed me as much as almost anyone so far in his limited playing time. He is going to be a very good player for us going forward. What a pick by Grier..... Only downside is Rowe is right there as one of my favorites bc his transition has been so impressive. Outside of X I think Rowe is our best player

4. Tua- Kid is top 3 one of the best I've even seen in college. Very impressed so far! A slightly down game in his 4th start on the road in Denver will not change my thinking. Barring injury we have a gold jacket QB!!!

5. Off topic but speaking of Gold Jackets....F**k the NFL and Pro Football Hall of Fame for the utter disrespect and shame of not already having Zach Thomas as a member....

So far in 10 games played:

On Defense: I love X, Ogbah, Lawson, AVG, KVN, (Byron Jones as a SHUTDOWN corner and doing his job INT's will come eventually), Rowe, Sieler, & Wilkins
On Offense: I love Tua (he will be okay just needs to get better and develop), DVP, (I have both of their Jerseys BTW #1 and #11), Gesicki, and I like are OL they are much better now than a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom