Which rookie QB would you rather see in Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which rookie QB would you rather see in Miami?

Which rookie QB would you most like to see in Miami

• Eli Manning

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Phillip Rivers

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • JP Losman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roethslinger (sp)

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
I said manning, but that's only because i didnt take into account the price it would cost to get him since that wasn't implied in the question.

I'd prefer manning over roethlisberger, mainly because i really don't want to have to get a jersey with the name roethlisberger on it.

Factor in price to acquire each QB and i guess ill take rivers, hopefully we end up with 2 first rounders, can trade down with one and get him in the second round and Carey/WR in the first.

I voted for Eli. He has the best possibility to be great. The most important aspect of a qb is his head, also the toughest to scout. Eli is the smartest QB in my opinion. I know Dan likes a cannon arm but Brady does not have a cannon and hes has been fairly sucessful.:rolleyes:

Also the reason I voted for Eli is there is no reference as to wether we should consider what it would cost to get an Eli or Ben. All things being equal I would take Eli. I am NOT sure he would be the best value for us.:confused:

Everyone seems to agree we need a veteran starter, but why are we only debating about guys we can draft? I don't think we will get Ben or Eli, and I'm not sure Rivers or Losman are going to be worth are #20 pick. We don't have a second at this point. So then we may be looking in the third or later. At that point, why not look at Sage as the backup? Or what about Billy Volek out of Tennessee? While I don't believe it, some people are saying Bulger might be available. There are plenty of guys around that are still young but have a year or two of backup (some starter) experience. I'm sure one of them could come in and learn Norv's system over a season or two and be ready to take over for whichever veteran we get (Brunell hopefully). In the meantime, we could use our #20 pick on someone who could potentially have more impact this year (i.e. Carey, Woods, Hall).

I think all discussion of the Phins getting either Manning is pure fantasy. Same is likely true of Roethlisberger... so gotta go w/Rivers

I took all of them...:eek:

I just really like to vote!

Just think though... we can cut the entire starting D so we can pay for all of them. Than what we'll do is put 1 at QB, 2 at reciever and 1 running back and we can throw option passes all day long baby! WooHoo, yeah yeah.:hitself:

Originally posted by Frayser
Everyone seems to agree we need a veteran starter, but why are we only debating about guys we can draft? I don't think we will get Ben or Eli, and I'm not sure Rivers or Losman are going to be worth are #20 pick. We don't have a second at this point. So then we may be looking in the third or later. At that point, why not look at Sage as the backup? Or what about Billy Volek out of Tennessee? While I don't believe it, some people are saying Bulger might be available. There are plenty of guys around that are still young but have a year or two of backup (some starter) experience. I'm sure one of them could come in and learn Norv's system over a season or two and be ready to take over for whichever veteran we get (Brunell hopefully). In the meantime, we could use our #20 pick on someone who could potentially have more impact this year (i.e. Carey, Woods, Hall).

There was an interesting post a day or two ago, that had numbers. It's all hyperthetical, but it really got you thinking. At this point in his career, Eli is a better QB than Payton was at this point.

That considered he wen't 3-13 in first season in Indinapolis. BUT his numbers were even better than Fiedler's. Go me thinking, he was new in the league, he had NO supporting cast at that point, yet he put up better than Fiedler numbers. It gives me some hope that Eli or Ben could take over mid-season, if not start next year. Sure it would be VERY rough but their surrouded by huge offensive talent. Granted I ONLY support this if we get our O-line patched up.

I think Eli can develop well, Archie Manning knows how to educate his qb sons like Peyton. But it doesn't matter which QB is playing because it all depends on the offensive line.

Navarre or Pickett in the 3rd round.

Navarre has the stronger arm of the two & is more accurate down field, Pickett too has a strong arm but he's the most mobile of the top QBs in the draft.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Navarre or Pickett in the 3rd round.

Navarre has the stronger arm of the two & is more accurate down field, Pickett too has a strong arm but he's the most mobile of the top QBs in the draft.

Being in WA I watched a few Picketts games this and last year. He makes a lot of bad decisions. It may be that the team around him stunk. But I dont think he is the answer. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom