Which teams currently ahead of us in the draft need a Probowl DE? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which teams currently ahead of us in the draft need a Probowl DE?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If we could get a top 15 pick all would be good.. A probowl DE for a potential Probowl QB would be an even trade IMO...

BIG BEN TO MIAMI!!!

I would sacrifice the immediate future for a stud QB like Roethlisberger.

Big Ben vs. Penny.. AFC East: Battle of the MAC

Most teams need a good DE...
The question that remains to be seen is if some teams are willing to pay O-Gun big money AND willing to let go a first rounder and a third for him...Somewhat unlikely considering this guy did it all this year, ONE year...i'm not saying he's got bust written all over him but teams are going to be asking themselves if he's worth a big fat contract and 2 draft picks...
The only team that was really willing to do that last year was the Redskins...and look where they're now...

I don't know that it's all been this year...

...Wanny's negotiating position with Ogun was to say he'd done well last season but that he needed to show he could repeat it. He's exceeded it. I think he can now negotiate from a position of strength with any team looking for a quick upgrade at DE (and I've read here recently that Buffalo might be among those with such a need - fancy seeing him twice a year on the opposing team)?

I would not allow him to go within the division though.. even if it were for the overall number 1 pick..

Re: I don't know that it's all been this year...

Originally posted by GazPhin
...Wanny's negotiating position with Ogun was to say he'd done well last season but that he needed to show he could repeat it. He's exceeded it. I think he can now negotiate from a position of strength with any team looking for a quick upgrade at DE (and I've read here recently that Buffalo might be among those with such a need - fancy seeing him twice a year on the opposing team)?

no thanks

overall # 1? I would... screw it but that would never happen as Az would not forfeit manning jr

I hear that the 1st and 3rd would be next year. Is this correct? As for AZ no way unless we give our 1st and ogun (madison perhps too) for their 1st overall. That would hurt the D and those huge complicated trades rarely work. Would be nice to have a Manning in teal though :D

Re: I don't know that it's all been this year...

Originally posted by GazPhin

I would avoid buffalo at all costs. All they need on that D is some pass rush.

No, if Ogunleye signs somewhere else we get the picks this year. However, I still don't think we will get a first and a third for him, I think we could be able to get a first.

If Buffalo takes the 1st round tender for Ogun.. would you allow them to take it or match? And if we match can we allow anyone else to take him? Or can we just flat out trade him to whoever we see fit?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
No, if Ogunleye signs somewhere else we get the picks this year. However, I still don't think we will get a first and a third for him, I think we could be able to get a first.

I would take a first for him.

I'll take pick in the first round Ogun. I knew he was going to have a heck of an individual season, which if sacks are your no.1 determinent, he's proved his value.

Make no mistake about it though, whatever teams trades for him will be greatly dissapointed. Ogun will be unable to make the transition to the RDE. Best thing that happen for Miami is getting a pick in the 12-18 range, and we could move up for Big Ben.

Back
Top Bottom