Which Unit Player Better In Week 1? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Unit Player Better In Week 1?

Week 1: Which unit played better Offense or Defense?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dolphintodd

Club Member
Reaction score
Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 19 18
Passing 1st downs 13 9
Rushing 1st downs 4 7
1st downs from penalties 2 2
3rd down efficiency 6-14 2-10
4th down efficiency 0-2 0-1
Total Plays 67 58
Total Yards 336 342
Total Drives 13 14
Yards per Play 5.0 5.9
Passing 220 222
Comp-Att 20-38 20-28
Yards per pass 5.8 7.7
Interceptions thrown 3 2
Sacks-Yards Lost 0-0 1-8
Rushing 116 120
Rushing Attempts 29 29
Yards per rush 4.0 4.1
Red Zone (Made-Att) 1-2 1-5
Penalties 5-48 7-51
Turnovers 3 2
Fumbles lost 0 0
Interceptions thrown 3 2
Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0
Possession 29:35 30:25

It's close, I give the edge to the defense. Knocked a few key players out of the game. Wasn't expecting them to hold the Titans to such a low score. Offense didn't capitalize, they could have had very high scoring game but ended up with our usual 20 point, give or take, game.

Defense shut down a team that features a power running back and a speed back. And they also have a very mobile QB.

In other words, the kind of team that guts us for 250+ on the ground.

Defense played far beyond expectations. There were some sorry attempts at tackling (rooks), but overall I’m pretty pleased. I expected much, much worse.

Now, about that QB killing D line.....

Th defense, the Titans were held far below what I expected on the ground. The pass defense allowed 5.8 y/a and of course had 3 INT's. They also had 2 big 4th down stops, although the need to get better on 3rd down as the Titans were 6 of 14 and if they were a better team it would have been a tougher game.

Defense because the turnovers (INT, Fumble and 4th down stops) caused the offense to be in position to succeed. And they didn’t really do that well.

I’m mad about the INTs on offense and letting the backup QB get so many damn first downs on defense. Dion Lewis is little ****er too. I mean he is a small quick receiving back that gutted us in the middle too many times for my liking.

But overall Reshad Jones and Minkah Fitzpatrick had such good chemistry that they won it for their side of the ball. I wanna see Minkah play more FS but I understand we are bandaid-Ing our poor Corner spot. I like Robert Quinn a ton too

Offense moved the ball but missed too many chances.
Defense played well at times but missed too many tackles
Grant ran one back but we gave it up.

All 3 were good enough to win and bad enough to lose.
I believe playing at home really helped us win the game.

Back
Top Bottom