• the Bills trade down to #19 and select Shawn Andrews

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • the Bills trade down to #19 and select Phillip Rivers

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters

finsrclowns

finsrclowns
Reaction score
...if the Bills traded down to 19 and selected Andrews OR traded down to 19 and selected Rivers? Let me know so I can advise TD!:lol:

I say it would be more concerning for them to take Andrews, cause IF Rivers is there, the Fins wouldn't draft him...kinda like them sayin' "Well, we paid a ton of money for a guy that has not gotten it done for us, and we paid a ton of money and a draft pick for a guy who might be the answer, but we're not sure yet, so lets go after another guy that may or may not be the answer....." I just don't see RS doing that...he wants AJ to be the answer....we'll just have to wait and see I guess....

I think it would be more upsetting if they did it with Rivers just because selecting Andrews would be plain dumb for them. They have Mike Williams there, and neither Williams nor Andrews are suited for left tackle. And if they intend to keep Jonas Jennings at the spot that means Andrews becomes a career RG and boy what a misallocation of resources that would be.

Meanwhile Rivers could give them a superstar quarterback for years to come. Remember how Vinny would go hot and would dink and dunk us to death with the Jets? Thats what Rivers could do to us eventually, on a consistent basis. Knowing that they got Rivers at a bargain rate at #19 while acquiring more picks in the draft would be like rubbing salt on an open wound.

Personally, Rivers or Andrews its about a tossup to me. Either would impact this team positively. Just that with Rivers we'd have the chance at future excellence while with Andrews we could start up another super bowl run right here in 2004 if the penny turns up heads on AJ Feeley.

I would be more pissed if they took Rivers because he will be a better player in the future. Taking Rivers will make the Bills a scarier team in the years to come.

I'd feel worse about seeing Rivers go, one pick ahead of us. Especially as it would mean NOT seeing Bledsoe at QB for the Bills by mid-season, or 2005 at the latest. :cry:

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
Dolphins pick up Marice Clarett with the 20th pick

No no no no...he said tick DOLPHINS fans off......BILLS fans would get ticked if we selected a gimpy one year wonder college RB. That's their forte'

:D

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think it would be more upsetting if they did it with Rivers just because selecting Andrews would be plain dumb for them...
I don't think they are beyond dumb. However, if they draft Rivers we will have to draft Maryland safety Madieu Williams and reunite them on the field.

clear.gif

"We were blitzing," Friedgen said. "They were doing a pretty good job of picking it up. Then we started bringing safety blitzes. That's how we were getting to him. He was kind of picking us apart. We just adjusted to it."

The Terps stopped the Wolfpack on the next three drives. Rivers, who had completed nearly 80 percent of his passes through three quarters, finished 4-of-14 with two interceptions in the fourth quarter.

Unfortunately most teams in the NFL do not employ safety blitzes, least of all the Dolphins. Its a good idea, if I were facing him thats what I would have done because his timing and accuracy on his deep passes are bad and he throws a low heavy ball that is probably easy to pick off on those deep ones, however the only team I can think of that regularly employs the safety blitz is the Cowboys. I think the Ravens might do it sometimes with Ed Reed too...and I suppose whoever takes Sean Taylor might do it some too. I just think that in the NFL the caliber or WRs are too good to do that successfully all the time...plus offensive coordinators can plan plays around it.

Back
Top Bottom