Which Would Tick You Guys Off More... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Would Tick You Guys Off More...

Which would piss you off more....

• the Bills trade down to #19 and select Shawn Andrews

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • the Bills trade down to #19 and select Phillip Rivers

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters
BTW with all due respect to Rivers' coach he sucks. You could see it in his bad calls late in some games and this safety blitz thing only shows it even more because one of Rivers' top qualities is recognition of a defense prior to the snap. His coach should have had cutoffs and other plays designed to help Rivers out of a safety blitz because Rivers in general is not very mobile.

Rivers' #1 nightmare as a pro is going to be zone blitzes, trust me on that one. Same thing with Marino. You got guys that aren't very mobile so they are sitting ducks for a zone blitz, and Rivers' low slung release point will make it enticing to drop DEs unexpectedly into coverage. In the NFL the DEs have the athleticism to do it. In college if they have that kind of athleticism they're probably best utilized pinning their ears back and dominating.

And if they intend to keep Jonas Jennings at the spot that means Andrews becomes a career RG and boy what a misallocation of resources that would be.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Misallocation in what sense? That Andrews is better suited to tackle? That's debatable, particularly right now as a pass blocker. That 19 is too early to take a guard? Not if he's a dominant guard, which assuming he unhitches the feed bag Andrews could be.

I asked the question because I honestly think that scenario COULD come up. Minnesota is said to covet Will Smith, who may be available at 13. And TD likes his picks in what is considered a strong draft. In addition, TD may assume noone between 13 and 20 will likely take EITHER player, so it's a safe bet to move down. And Mularkey is said to like his guards with room on their backs for 3 numbers, so Andrews may be intriguing. Rivers is a serious talent. If it came to it I have no idea what he'd do. God knows I wasn't expecting McGahee last year.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Unfortunately most teams in the NFL do not employ safety blitzes, least of all the Dolphins...
Madieu Williams has never lost against Rivers. That safety blitzing tactic was from the game in 2002.

Last year Williams helped the Terps win the old fashioned way with pass-defenses and a fumble recovery. Rivers was denied the endzone.

In Rivers last 3 games vs Maryland he has thrown only 2 TD's and 4 INT's. I expect Rivers to have immediate trouble going against NFL defenses just like any rookie QB.

Originally posted by LarryFinFan
I say it would be more concerning for them to take Andrews, cause IF Rivers is there, the Fins wouldn't draft him...kinda like them sayin' "Well, we paid a ton of money for a guy that has not gotten it done for us, and we paid a ton of money and a draft pick for a guy who might be the answer, but we're not sure yet, so lets go after another guy that may or may not be the answer....." I just don't see RS doing that...he wants AJ to be the answer....we'll just have to wait and see I guess....

Feeleys contract is for inly 5 years that can be voided after 2 years with little salary cap hit.So I don't see how you say the Fins paid a ton for Feeley.

Even if they didnt pay a ton in the contract, they still gave up a 1st day draft pick for him. I hope we dont draft Rivers, im curious to see what Feely can do. Andrews all the way! lol

If they take Rivers then we'd never have to hear about wether we should or shouldn't have take him ourselfs.Anyway, he'll be gone before that imo and so will Andrews. Our guy is Smiley.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom