White Sox-Yanks deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

White Sox-Yanks deal

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Newsday is reporting the Yanks want to trade for El Dueque from the White Sox and the White Sox are willing to send him to NY. IF or WHEN they get Schmidt or AJ Burnett.

I guess the Yanks have been calling about him for weeks and Chicago wants to pull the triger as soon as they get another starter.

As a Yanks fan I have no problem trading for the guy, but if they are gonna cut the guy for the 10th time at the end of the year then why bother making a move for him?!

this guys always injured, hes like 50 years old, his shoulder is always "tired", im not a yankees fan, but i wouldnt want him if i was.

Nappy Roots said:
this guys always injured, hes like 50 years old, his shoulder is always "tired", im not a yankees fan, but i wouldnt want him if i was.

But when the postseason comes around he always WINS games! Nuff said!

MikeO said:
But when the postseason comes around he always WINS games! Nuff said!

That's if he can pitch, I don't remember but didn't he sit out a few post season games last year because of his shoulder?

If the White Sox are looking to acquire a SP, why would they turn around and deal an effective SP to a potential playoff opponent?

phunwin said:
If the White Sox are looking to acquire a SP, why would they turn around and deal an effective SP to a potential playoff opponent?

1) They must think Orlando is done as a player.

2) They are ONLY trading him if they pick up Schmidt or AJ or another frontline starter to take his spot.

3) They must think they are better than NY and trading him to NY won't come back to haunt them. (which I would agree with)

As I look at the team stats, he's clearly the 5th starter, and his 1.45 K/BB ratio is terrible, so maybe it's not as silly as I thought. Still, I'd rather move him to long relief; you can't have too much starting pitching these days, especially when neither Garland nor the possibly-soon-to-be-acquired Schmidt have the best health records. It's unlikely they'd get a useful player back in trade, and it never hurts to have a guy with a strong postseason history around.

I thought we should have signed him in the off-season. El Duque is one of those pitchers who loves the big stage. Put him in NY and he's great, take him out and he's average (ala David Wells). You see many pitchers come to NY and choke and go other places and shine. El Duque is the opposite. I trust him in a big spot, even with his 70 mph fastball. This is another reason why I think Leiter is going to workout. Last year he was the Mets best pitcher (got no run support) and even though he has stunk in Florida, I think him being back in NY is going to give him some life and I expect him to contribute!

Back
Top Bottom