Whitehurst??!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whitehurst??!!

TIP

Starter
Reaction score
I would like to see the fins go after Charlie Whitehurst, saw some his games this past season and looked as polished as any other pocket type passer in this draft. Cutler would be nice but we will need to trade up to acquire him, Whitehurst could possibly be around when it's our pick or atleast won't require as much of a trade sacrifice. Against the CANES, the ncaa leader in pass defense for much of the season he looked nice. Just my opinion but I think he would be a smart pick.:tongue:

What round is whitehurst supposed to go in? I thought he wasn't projected to go in the first round.

Delphinus said:
What round is whitehurst supposed to go in? I thought he wasn't projected to go in the first round.
He's projected to go in the 3rd-4th round range. He's a big question mark to me, and I'll wait to see his combine stats to make a complete decision.

Delphinus said:
Projection is as late as late 3rd, to as early as the 2nd round, but the combine could change that in a hurry.....he already looked good at the senior bowl, so with a good showing in the combines, he could go as a very early 2nd rounder.

tay0365 said:
Projection is as late as late 3rd, to as early as the 2nd round, but the combine could change that in a hurry.....he already looked good at the senior bowl, so with a good showing in the combines, he could go as a very early 2nd rounder.

Right now he's a Day 2 prospect. You are right in that things could change before draft day due to the Combine, but his upside is pretty limited to the late 3rd round.

Where he could improve his stock is if he gets his shoulder healthy before the Combine and/or individual workouts (not likely, IMO not enough time) then he may be able to show off some of the arm strength that coaches didn't get to see at the Senior Bowl. When I've seen him on film I see a very strong arm capable of really zipping some passes into tight spots...though his arm tails off a little on the deeper throws. But he had shoulder surgery in I think December, still affecting him.

Juan Cribbs said:
we may have to trade up into the top 5 to get a rare talent such as whitehurst.
I'm sure you're kidding right? I like him tho but not in the 1st round....2nd at the earliest but I'm hoping we could get him in the 3rd if we haven't gotten one by then.

Ozzy rules!!

Delphinus said:

:eek: Wow, where did you get that from?

ckparrothead said:
Right now he's a Day 2 prospect. You are right in that things could change before draft day due to the Combine, but his upside is pretty limited to the late 3rd round.

Where he could improve his stock is if he gets his shoulder healthy before the Combine and/or individual workouts (not likely, IMO not enough time) then he may be able to show off some of the arm strength that coaches didn't get to see at the Senior Bowl. When I've seen him on film I see a very strong arm capable of really zipping some passes into tight spots...though his arm tails off a little on the deeper throws. But he had shoulder surgery in I think December, still affecting him.

I heard after his Senior bowl game, he was not getting past the 3rd round. I was going on what I have been reading lately, but if CK says he is still a 2nd day pick to this point...good enough for me. :D

I think he will be a early day 2 pick, but it depends on the combine, and what other teams need. Depending on how we'v picked the first two rounds, maybe use our 3rd, just depends on who we take in the first two rounds

ckparrothead said:
Charlie Whitehurst is not a 2nd round pick. If he goes there, it won't be to Miami.

Yea it is sometimes hard to judge where quarterbacks will go. I didn't think Carter was a 3rd round pick and yet he was a 2nd. I didn't think Tuiasapopo was a 1st day pick however he was.

blah blah blah- yes, his measurables are good, but i question his mind. he doesn't take care of the football, plain and simple. doesn't matter what round he goes in; imo it won't be us.

Delphinus said:

We probably won't have accurate projections until the combine, but because of his shoulder injury he will probably get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.

Back
Top Bottom