Who Are Guaranteed To Go 1-12....? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Are Guaranteed To Go 1-12....?

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Hey all; the draft talk this year is really outstanding on this site. There is definitely some out-there thoughts, but still I like to read them because it is always interesting to hear the opinions. And this site has some unbelievably knowledgable posters. I LOVE following the debates for o-line vs dline at 13, for a 4 down player vs rotational guy- and the other arguments. I just want to say thanks for all of the well thought out contributions that have helped me learn more about this whole drafting process. No wonder it's such a crap shoot- on top of never knowing how a guy may turn out, you still have to compete with conflicting draft philosophies.
So, with all the debate as far as who to take at 13- I was wondering who we feel pretty sure will without a doubt be GONE through the first 12 picks; once that is determined, let's assume for this thread we CANNOT trade down. With that said, then who are the next top three or so choices whose value dictates we take them at 13?
Based on what I have seen, I would assume QBs Murray, Haskins, Locke are gone(that is 3); DL Bosa, Q Williams, Josh Allen, M Sweat, E Oliver(that is 8); OL J Taylor(9),LB Devin Smith(10); TE Hockensen(11)
For the 12th spot, I see R Gary, Metcalf, Burns, Johan Williams in many mocks.
For this exercise, let's say the first 11 I mentioned are gone. Pick the next two players for 12 and 13 you'd see falling there.
Thanks all.

If it's not QB, which it should be, they should trade up to top 3 and get the QB, then:

#1 Choice: Darnell Savage S
#2 Choice: Chase Winovich DE

Both, 100% should be available at 13. I don't care who falls from some make believe top 15 list.

I think GB @#12 will go Defense. Leaving Miami with several options at both OL and DL. Jonah William's is apparently liked by Miami and could very well be the pick, if Miami stays @#13?

Hey all; the draft talk this year is really outstanding on this site. There is definitely some out-there thoughts, but still I like to read them because it is always interesting to hear the opinions. And this site has some unbelievably knowledgable posters. I LOVE following the debates for o-line vs dline at 13, for a 4 down player vs rotational guy- and the other arguments. I just want to say thanks for all of the well thought out contributions that have helped me learn more about this whole drafting process. No wonder it's such a crap shoot- on top of never knowing how a guy may turn out, you still have to compete with conflicting draft philosophies.
So, with all the debate as far as who to take at 13- I was wondering who we feel pretty sure will without a doubt be GONE through the first 12 picks; once that is determined, let's assume for this thread we CANNOT trade down. With that said, then who are the next top three or so choices whose value dictates we take them at 13?
Based on what I have seen, I would assume QBs Murray, Haskins, Locke are gone(that is 3); DL Bosa, Q Williams, Josh Allen, M Sweat, E Oliver(that is 8); OL J Taylor(9),LB Devin Smith(10); TE Hockensen(11)
For the 12th spot, I see R Gary, Metcalf, Burns, Johan Williams in many mocks.
For this exercise, let's say the first 11 I mentioned are gone. Pick the next two players for 12 and 13 you'd see falling there.
Thanks all.

IT seems more difficult this year to see who may or may not go top 15.

I think Bosa, Williams, Murray, and Allen are locks. After that it depends on what teams need and what they value. I could see two tackles go top 10 (Taylor and Dillard), Edge guys (Burns, Sweat, Gary, Ferrell), a Guard (Linstrom), Two QBs (Haskins, Lock), maybe a WR (Brown, Metcalf, Harry), a TE (Hockenson), or a CB (Murphy, Williams), or a LB (White) and obviously Oliver...

Right now I am on adding to the o-line as much as possible....Linstrom and McCoy would be my top targets in rounds 1 and 2...if that means a trade back, then I do that.

Adding a second rounder would be great as I feel the day two strength of this draft are the DBs.

Last edited:
You know the old saying. Everything before the draft is written in pencil. There will be some surprises. I think Oliver, especially after his insane workout, will go higher than expected. Defense also tends to go higher than offense in the top 10, other than the quarterback position.

Tough question to answer, but I think three quarterbacks will go before Miami picks with Murray, Haskins (likely Giants), and Lock (likely Denver, maybe Raiders). Bosa, Allen, Williams and Oliver seem like sure bets to go before the Dolphins pick as well. Then there's the next group with Sweat (TB maybe), White, Taylor, Gary, maybe Metcalf, maybe Jonah Williams, maybe Wilkins.

Miami is likely eyeing Wilkins, Ferrell, Sweat (if he drops), Gary (if he drops).

You know the old saying. Everything before the draft is written in pencil. There will be some surprises. I think Oliver, especially after his insane workout, will go higher than expected. Defense also tends to go higher than offense in the top 10, other than the quarterback position.

Tough question to answer, but I think three quarterbacks will go before Miami picks with Murray, Haskins (likely Giants), and Lock (likely Denver, maybe Raiders). Bosa, Allen, Williams and Oliver seem like sure bets to go before the Dolphins pick as well. Then there's the next group with Sweat (TB maybe), White, Taylor, Gary, maybe Metcalf, maybe Jonah Williams, maybe Wilkins.

Miami is likely eyeing Wilkins, Ferrell, Sweat (if he drops), Gary (if he drops).

Oliver is the 3rd best player in this draft...I believe teams see it that way as well.

If you read Simon Clancy's and Barry Jacksons tweets, you'll come away with the feeling that Both OT Jonah William's and OG Chris Lindstrom are very high on Miami's wish list. So while I remain in the corner of, picking defense @#13; it surely is beginning to look like Miami may very well go against the Fans hopes and expectations and select an Offensive Lineman in round #1.

Last edited:
Dolphins need QB bad...it does matter who they get. If QB is not right they done.

If you read Simon Clancy's and Barry Jacksons tweets, you'll come away with the feeling that Both OT Jonah William's and OG Chris Lindstrom are very high on Miami's wish list. So while I remain in the corner of, picking defense @#13; it surely is beginning to look like Miami may very well go against the Fans hopes and expectations and select an Offensive Lineman in round #1.

I'm no pro evaluator but from what I've seen of Jonah Williams he's not the type of DOG I want that high in the draft. Sure. He's a pretty completed project. A very safe pick. Versatile. But not at 13 IMO. For me going OL R1 means we're intent on trading down. At least that's what I hope it means. Otherwise at 13 there's just going to be too much DOG on D to pass by (for the sake of a "safe" pick).

I'm no pro evaluator but from what I've seen of Jonah Williams he's not the type of DOG I want that high in the draft. Sure. He's a pretty completed project. A very safe pick. Versatile. But not at 13 IMO. For me going OL R1 means we're intent on trading down. At least that's what I hope it means. Otherwise at 13 there's just going to be too much DOG on D to pass by (for the sake of a "safe" pick).
That's my belief as well. I think Miami will trade down and trade down often.

I really dont get the love for the Bosa's. I think he had 3.5 sacks this year, injury histories. I wouldnt care for any of them

This biased Ohio State fan would LOVE for both of them to line up on either of end of our DL.

Trust me, you'd love that too.

Not sure a TE will go that high.

Hockenson is perhaps the best TE prospect to come out in years and most likely the best nonQB offensive weapon in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom