Who are your Biggest TC surprise? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who are your Biggest TC surprise?

CanadianFish

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
The player I am most dissapointed in is Brian Griese. People are all commenting on how he needs to learn this new offence but I am making reference to lack accuracy.

Insert TC update from Sun-Sentinel (this is only a small portion of the update for full content go to http://www.sun-sentinel.com )

QUARTERBACK WATCH: The difference between Jay Fielder and Brian Griese thus far was illustrated during the 11-on-11 segment when they had different results on a similar play call.

Fiedler faked a handoff to his left, rolled to his right, jumped off his right leg and dumped a little pass to the fullback. Griese was up next, and he faked a handoff to his left, rolled to his right, jumped off his right leg and dumped a little pass . . . in the dirt in front of the receiver.

Griese came into camp off just one minicamp practice and is still learning the offense, but his accuracy has been off even on the simple plays like that one

I am however extremely pleased with Derrius to be honest I wasn't expecting much. He was after all an undrafted free agent in 1999.

well if griese is not picking up his play soon, maybe sage has to be the man

I'm not trying to turn this into a Fiedler vs Griese thread I want to know who you guys think are the biggest surprised in TC.

Gunn34 I have to agree with you Jenkins is quite a surprise I hope he heart an dedication can compensate for his lack of experience in real game situations. I have to say I am rooting for the kid just not sure if he has any real chance of starting untill at least half way thru the season.

I'd have to say my biggest suprise is Jay Fiedler. While I never believed there would be a "competition" or anything like that, I just didn't think Fiedler would look this good and throw the ball as well as he has. Especially considering the thumb and finger injuries, the way he threw passes when he came back, and the way his passes look at mini-camp. I figured, at the very least, that he'd still be struggling with that spiral.

Fiedler has come out throwing well. His passes are crisp and on target. The timing with his receivers is already there. Even the deep ball is looking better. Also, Fiedler has not thrown a true INT to date. Of his two INTs, one came on a pass tipped at the line....and the other hit Tolver in the hands.

Still about a month to go. So a lot can happen. But Fiedler is already looking sharp and should only get better.

I would say Gadsden. When you want to sign a lucrative contract or prove that you are worth what you think you are, you don't present yourself out of shape...

And it's not like he's the only WR like in past training camps with newcomers Thompson and Tolver impressing and Chambers & McNight...

Originally posted by Muck
I'd have to say my biggest suprise is Jay Fiedler. While I never believed there would be a "competition" or anything like that, I just didn't think Fiedler would look this good and throw the ball as well as he has. Especially considering the thumb and finger injuries, the way he threw passes when he came back, and the way his passes look at mini-camp. I figured, at the very least, that he'd still be struggling with that spiral.

Fiedler has come out throwing well. His passes are crisp and on target. The timing with his receivers is already there. Even the deep ball is looking better. Also, Fiedler has not thrown a true INT to date. Of his two INTs, one came on a pass tipped at the line....and the other hit Tolver in the hands.

Still about a month to go. So a lot can happen. But Fiedler is already looking sharp and should only get better.

Maybe we should very carefully, very gently remove Fiedler from the field, place him in a padded, protective case and label it "Do Not Open Till Regular Season".

Let BG and Spice get the reps in camp.:)

Originally posted by Muck

I would have to agree with Muck. Fieldler is just ripping it in practice. He as sucha strong command of the Offense. It shows you what going through and healthy off-season can do. This time last year he was watching everything from the sidelines. I think with the addition of DT, Jay is going to have a monster year..

Sam Simmons is a surprise because I thought they'd lose him before the season ended last year... I still think he can be a solid return guy and hope he gets a look... Gadsden might not be healthy by mmid season, and we seriously needed depth last season...

Now all we have to worry about is the OL. Will the starters be strong enough??

i would like to add a guy noone likes, jamar fletcher. all ive heard is that he is intercepting everything and showing up buckley.

Originally posted by finfan54
i would like to add a guy noone likes, jamar fletcher. all ive heard is that he is intercepting everything and showing up buckley.

Lucas looked good in pre-season last year too. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom