who cares if all these qbs are moving up. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who cares if all these qbs are moving up.

capecoralfinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
some, not all, are neglecting to remember that when all of these lower round projects keep moving up...guys like d'brickshaw ferguson and many other previously hyped guys will be moving down. i'm sure we'll have a shot at a complete stud at 16 no matter what. worse case senerio we take BPA and grab a vet qb for next year. too bad brady quinn didn't declare.

That's a great point. I hope that if Cutler isn't there at 16, Huff is.

agree with you guys, If Cutler doesn't drop to us, hopefully Huff will...draft him in the 1st and possibly a QB like Croyle or Jacobs in the 2nd/3rd..

In_Flames said:
agree with you guys, If Cutler doesn't drop to us, hopefully Huff will...draft him in the 1st and possibly a QB like Croyle or Jacobs in the 2nd/3rd..

i wouldn't be so sure about that. jacobs may be a late first rounder and croyle's stock is soaring because of the cutler's exponential gain in the boards.

Exactly right, and a great point. Let someone else reach on a QB and we will take a stud at another position

I agree. I want our 1st rounder to start the opener and be a playmaker from day 1, and that 1st rounder will be on defense. Our D is old and needs to get younger, period. Let some idiots hop on the big 3 QBs, they won't be contributing for 2 years.
We are ready for the next step now, Huff would be a great pickup or Greenway.
We will take a qb on day one, just not round 1.

lotion said:
I agree. I want our 1st rounder to start the opener and be a playmaker from day 1, and that 1st rounder will be on defense. Our D is old and needs to get younger, period. Let some idiots hop on the big 3 QBs, they won't be contributing for 2 years.
We are ready for the next step now, Huff would be a great pickup or Greenway.
We will take a qb on day one, just not round 1.

my prediction is croyle and jacobs go in mid/late first or early/mid second. that would probably mean the big 5 qbs.

I have no doubt Saban will not get caught up in the hype or reach for a player because of need. He will take a stud at #16 that will help our team for years.

good news on the jay cutler front:

apparently, he is, on occasion, surly (a gun of an arm, surly demeanor, in dolphin uniform, remind you of anyone...) so teams might be passing on him (they're probably scared of the ryan leaf effect).

in all honesty, it sounds like a bs excuse to pass on a guy imo, i'm guessing saban actually had his secret agent assisstants that no one knows about talking up the whole surly thing so jake could slip to us.

also agree with everyone else, we need a lot of help at db, need an ol, and need to get another starting lb and some more young dts so BPA is not a bad thing.

capecoralfinfan said:
some, not all, are neglecting to remember that when all of these lower round projects keep moving up...guys like d'brickshaw ferguson and many other previously hyped guys will be moving down. i'm sure we'll have a shot at a complete stud at 16 no matter what. worse case senerio we take BPA and grab a vet qb for next year. too bad brady quinn didn't declare.

Very unlikely it would happen but if D'brick could be had ... what a coup! On another note as far as Cutler a lot of stuff being mentioned here about him. The dude just don't impress IMHO. Yeah he was not surrounded by a lot of talent but the scouting reports knocks his decision making in the pocket and his lack of touch on the ball. Big arm no doubt but does he have the other ingredients necessary to be successful at the next level?

Obviously I am one of Cutlers biggest and longest supporters here, I do think this kid will be special, but I also don't think Saban will overspend to get him.

It appears the entire country now realizes how good the kid is, so we are really out of the equation now as much as it pains me to say it.

I'm not as excited about Brodie Croyle as some of you, he has a really bad injury history, his build is really slight, and he isn't very mobile. Those three things add up to a QB that will probably be on the injury report a lot. He reminds me of Rob Johnson if anybody remembers him?

I think if we miss out on the big three, I'd rather use all the first day picks on other positions and look for a QB project in day 2.

I could see us going for Whtiehurst in the 3rd or 4th depending on where he settles in at. Croyle may drop as well cause of his injury history. Just look at Crowder. But if the top 3 Qbs are gone that pushes a guy who shouldn't be there to us. Even a player like Ty Hill who has really helped his stock this week could push into the top 15 and help us land a player that really should of gone 2-4 picks ahead of him. There is a chance of use getting some really talented players.
1.Bush
2.Leinart
3.Young
4.Cutler
5.Hawk
6.Ngata
7.Huff
8.Williams
9.Ferguson
10.Kiwanuka
11. Mario Williams
12.Ty Hill
13.Jon Scott
14.Greenway
15.DeAngelo Williams

This leaves tons of talent for us. That list is not in any order but all have the ability to be gone before we pick. This still leaves guys like Lawson, Carpenter, Winston, Justice, Macneil, Maroney, White, Chad Jackson, Gabe Watson, Santonio Holmes who all are able to go in the top 15. Lots of talent where we are picking and players that we could use.

Why are some of you insistent on talking about Croyle and Jacobs as 1st rounders? LOL Both would be lucky to be 3rds at this point. Last I read, Croyle looked unimpressive at Senior Bowl practices.

capecoralfinfan said:

1 or 2 others would fall, but DF is not going beyond #4. Heck, if Houston had stones they should take him #1 overall.

Back
Top Bottom