Who deserves to go to the Hall? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who deserves to go to the Hall?

FinsNYanksFan13

Banned on Points
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Players on this year's ballot:

Returning players
(with last year's vote total; you need 75 percent for election)
Ryne Sandberg (61.1%)
Bruce Sutter (59.5%)
Jim Rice (54.6%)
Andre Dawson (50.0%)
Rich Gossage (40.7%)
Lee Smith (36.6%)
Bert Blyleven (35.4%)
Jack Morris (26.2%)
Steve Garvey (24.3%)
Tommy John (21.9%)
Alan Trammell (13.8%)
Don Mattingly (12.9%)
Dave Concepcion (11.3%)
Dave Parker (10.5%)
Dale Murphy (8.5%)

New players
Jim Abbott
Wade Boggs
Tom Candiotti
Chili Davis
Mark Langston
Jack McDowell
Willie McGee
Jeff Montgomery
Otis Nixon
Tony Phillips
Terry Steinbach
Darryl Strawberry

Here's the 2005 list of candidates eligible for the Baseball Hall of Fame. Writers are allowed to pick up to 10 to make the Hall. Let's here who you guys think should go (and why if you choose to discuss)!

Boggs and Dawson should go

The greatest 2B of all-time should be in there.

Ryne Sandberg
Wade Boggs
Andre Dawson

Ryno & Boggs will get in this year. Dawson will have to wait.

I would vote Boggs, Sutter, Lee Smith (had the most saves of all time when he was playing), Ryan Sandberg, Goose, and most importantly.................PETE ROSE!

Sandberg should have gotten in on the first ballot but nonetheless I'm extremely happy to see him get in.

FinFanGirl said:
DONNIE BASEBALL -- but he wont make it.....ryne sandberg? but wade boggs for sure
His numbers are almost the EXACT same as Kirby Puckett.......yet Puckett is in. Go figure!

Not to mention Puckett never at one time in his career was the best player in the entire league, yet Mattingly was.

Im not saying Mattingly should go in (he shouldn't and either should Kirby). Im just saying IF you let Puckett in, then you must let Mattingly in.

also Jim Rice should be in.

Dale Murphy should be in. There was not a more feared hitter in baseball during the '80s as Dale Murphy. He is the only player in that decade that won more than one MVP award. He hit at least 30 HRs a season from 1982-1987, during the dead ball era. During that time span, Murphy also had a .289 BA. The only player to hit more home runs during the '80s than Dale Murphy was Mike Schmidt, and he's in. The only player to drive in more RBI than Murphy during the '80s was Eddie Murray, who is in the HOF. Murphy also had five gold glove awards defensively.

Dale Murphy was one of the top 3-4 hitters in all of baseball during the '80s, and it is a shame that none of the sports writers respect what he did. Not only was Dale a great player on the field, but he was a great person off the field. He didn't juice up like many of the players today have. Everything he did was done with his natural ability. He was one of the most professional people this sport has ever seen, and you never had to worry about seeing anything negative about Murphy off the field in the local papers.

Murphy was my idol growing up. I was a baseball player, and a very good one at that. Murphy was the guy I modeled my game after. I played in the outfield because that was the position Murphy played. I wore #3 because that was his number, until I got to high school and the #3 jersey was too small for me. I ended up wearing #12.

I'm glad Bruce Sutter is getting closer to getting in. He will go in as either a Cardinal or a Cub, but I'm pulling for him because he did end his career with the Braves.

KB21, Great argument bro. I'm not positive Dale should be in (haven't gotten a chance to compare him to other players in the Hall that played his position) but you made one hell of an argument!

Murphy's career batting average is .265, and that might be holding him back. As I said though, he hit .289 from 1982-1987, and one of the reasons his career batting average is so low is because he is one of the players that hung around a little too long. His last couple of seasons, he posted a couple of .230 seasons, and it really killed his career batting average.

Still, it seems that everyone that has hit 400+ home runs has gotten in. Murphy has 398 career home runs.

Jim Rice is a player that should be in as well, IMO. He and Murphy have similar stats in everything except career batting average. Rice hit 385 home runs to Murphy's 398.

.265 batting average and he played on teams that won nothing the majority if not all of his career. That is what is keeping him out

Back
Top Bottom