Who do we pick up this offseason? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do we pick up this offseason?

BennySwella

We need better LB's
Reaction score
Let's face it, Jeff Ireland was incompetent, he got lucky with Grimes but other than that, his other picks floundered this year. And even though I can write an essay on his yearly **** ups, I would rather see who you guys would pick up if you were G.M., but I only want to know who you would sign in free agency or the draft.

Free Agency:
First off, trim the fat.
RB: Cut Daniel Thomas - Horrible draft pick, injury and fumble prone.
Last year proved Miller is not an every down back. We need a PROVEN runningback, no rookies..

The O-line is the hardest part of this off season. Luckily we have $$$ and have one of the best centers in the league to build around. Let Clabo walk and resign Jerry and McKinnie to cheap contracts, or replace them with upgrades.

DT: (Paul Solia vs Randy Starks) Both could be gone if they try to come too expensive, I think Randy Starks is as good as gone and replaced in the draft. If we retain one of them it will most likely be big Paul.

LB: Best Dolphins linebacker of all time? Zach Thomas. Second? Nobody. We need to address every linebacker position. Wheeler deserves to be cut if he is unwillingly to restructure. Danelle Ellersby needs to step his game up. He flashed leadership on the field at times but he needs to take it to the next level to justify his pay grade, we should start looking for his replacement or counterpart via free agency or the draft this offseason. Cam Wake had an injury plagued season, he struggled, but he should come back to form if not injured again. We have his replacement or counterpart in Dion Jordan, and while Olivier Vernon has shown he can ball, we have to unleash the beast that is Dion Jordan. Koa Misi is a scrub, and we should start looking for his replacement, but he only has a $1.75 million cap hit so might stay. The Dolphins have been lacking smart and physical linebackers ever since Thomas retired, we need a playmaker or an enforcer at any of these positions.

CB: WE must resign Brent Grimes and Nolan Carrol, restructure Patterson or cut him loose, and evaluate last year's draft picks.

FS: We should resign Clemons if he comes cheap, but look for upgrades in Free agency and the draft regardless of what we do because he is mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom