Who do we pin our hopes to now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do we pin our hopes to now?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Guys and girls you've helped me see the light in the past please help me now. Who do we pin our hopes to now that Dan left us holding the bag. We could have had Mueller but he wasn't interested because he didn't want Marino looking over our shoulder. Ron Wolf took a job in Cleveland to stay away from us. So now we have the same team of Wannstedt and Spielman that we had last year. They have done a good job so far of surrounding themselves with former quasi-succesful offensive minded coaches. BUT, the game plans will still be drawn up by Wannstedt who is a Defensive run the ball and pass to mix it up kind of guy. Now we have so many new coaches that it will create a mish mash of opinions. So what do we do now? How do we positively move forward from here?

The answer is obvious. We don't. Nothing will improve substantially for this team till Huizenga grabs his stones and shakes the thing up. Until then, we endure one mediocre season after another.

People actually pinned their hopes on Dan Marino as a VP? Dan has no clue how to run a football operation. Not knowing how to run the team could have produced more blunders then Wanny does on the football field. Everyone must move on and look to FA and draft.

Originally posted by RICKYSABEAST
Guys and girls you've helped me see the light in the past please help me now. Who do we pin our hopes to now that Dan left us holding the bag. We could have had Mueller but he wasn't interested because he didn't want Marino looking over our shoulder. Ron Wolf took a job in Cleveland to stay away from us. So now we have the same team of Wannstedt and Spielman that we had last year. They have done a good job so far of surrounding themselves with former quasi-succesful offensive minded coaches. BUT, the game plans will still be drawn up by Wannstedt who is a Defensive run the ball and pass to mix it up kind of guy. Now we have so many new coaches that it will create a mish mash of opinions. So what do we do now? How do we positively move forward from here?

After this dog and pony show we've been watching for the past couple of weeks, I am of the opinion that nothing else will be done. I believe now that the marino "hiring" was just a sick way of diverting all the attention away from Wann/spiel. All the best "candidates" have been interviewed and have found places elsewhere and since Marino's position was "created" just for him, I don't really see that position being filled unless it's with the likes of a Sammy Smith !! :lol:

I still say, the real work was done when Rick was given final say over Personnel decisions. I think the talent on this team is attributable to him. Wanny, I think got in the way, with his D preferences, I think if Rick was GM last year, we would have had a better O. So I don't see the "DAN THING" as a big deal. Let's see what Rick does. I think that will tell us what he thinks of where the team needs to go.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I still say, the real work was done when Rick was given final say over Personnel decisions. I think the talent on this team is attributable to him. Wanny, I think got in the way, with his D preferences, I think if Rick was GM last year, we would have had a better O. So I don't see the "DAN THING" as a big deal. Let's see what Rick does. I think that will tell us what he thinks of where the team needs to go.

I don't see the MArino resigning as a big deal either... I'm confident Spielman will do a good job.. He now has a chance to show what kind of talent evaluator he is without being overruled..

People are overreacting to the MArino resignation way too much..

Rick and Dave were the same gusy that brought proven vets to this team such as Junior seau, sammy knight, ricky williams.

Dan might have helped with choosing a QB, but lets face it, we're are going to get either Henson or Rivers.

The only difference this year is that where Dave drafted Eddie moore this year we would have anquan boldin, because Rick has the final say in the draft.

Originally posted by RICKYSABEAST

With Wanny and Spielman. Like it or not that's how it is.

Oliver...

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Dont know how many times i can say this.. I AGREE!! I seem to most often agree with you MD! but your right. No one has given Rick to do the job himself. NO ONE knows who made what decisions last year.. maybe Rick maybe Dave.. but we all KNOW Dave had the final say. Lets see what Rick can do and go from there.

Who here actually had their hopes pinned on Marino?

Back
Top Bottom