who do you NOT want in NY or BUF?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who do you NOT want in NY or BUF??

dolfanben

dolfanben
Reaction score
i know nothing has been decided, but if buffalo and the jets make coaching changes, who do you NOT want to take over? i heard the bills might be looking at jim haslett, and that would make me a little nervous... who are some of the othe potential candidates that would scare you?

Haslett ?? What makes you nervous about him...in 5 years he hasn't done anything ?? I'll admit he had rough going in NO, before this year with that owner, and you just have to throw this year out of the mix, but he really hasn't done much..

I don't want linehan at either spot.. in fact I want him to realize that miami is the best place for him!!!

Yeah im nervous about Haslett to.....the jets would have the #1 pick in the draft every year and their roster would be loaded in 10 years

Um Vince Lombardi? :lol: there are no big name coaches that scare me that are available

I wouldn't like Kirk Ferentz at either place, and don't think it'll happen.

He is probably the highest rated college coach for a pro position.

finsnchips said:
I wouldn't like Kirk Ferentz at either place, and don't think it'll happen.

He is probably the highest rated college coach for a pro position.
Isn't he under contract until like 2014???

does a contract count for anything nowadays???

dominizzo said:
MArty will not leave ChargerVille

He will if reports are true and AJ Smith gets to can him. However, the Chargers would be stupid to fire Marty this year b/c the coaching pool of candidates is weak imo!

That guy from Iowa would scare me. No retread NFL coaches would concern me, however ESPN ( and we all know how reliable they are) said that he could be better than Saban coming out of college. On the positive side, they also said that he was likely to stay.

I think it's idiotic to fire a coach before he has at least 5 years to mold the franchise into what he want's to do. Now, there are exceptions, of course, but in general it takes time. If you keep rotating coaches every three years you end up with a team that's stuck in a rebuilding mode for years.

dcdolfan said:
He will if reports are true and AJ Smith gets to can him. However, the Chargers would be stupid to fire Marty this year b/c the coaching pool of candidates is weak imo!

I wouldn't underestimate their stupidity. AJ Smith is a terrible GM (IMO) and the Chargers are known to be cheap skates. That's the reason why we got Hudson Houck last year. Marty really turned them around but they may be dumb enough to let him go nonetheless.

the DC of the Bears, Ron Rivera, he is from the same family tree of Lovie Smith, Tony Dungy and I think Jack Del Rio and all of which are good defensive minded head coaches

Back
Top Bottom