Who do you take? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you take?

I wouldn't like it. They're already the fastest offense in NFL history. They need skill guys to complement Hill and Waddle imo.
I agree. I guess Worthy would be used in the slot and kick returns. Not sure he initially would add much. Miami definitely needs muscle so to speak.

The advantage is eventually getting off that Hill contract and having a similar player (perhaps) to replace him.

I think both project inside for sure....both have less than 33in arms so they’re guards in the NFL......I'd be ok with Morgan if we trade back.....I still like JPJ but I wanted him to be our center and after getting Brewer then JPJ would be a guard I guess.
Yeah. I doubt JPJ is on Miami's radar anymore, since they signed Brewer.

Yeah. I doubt JPJ is on Miami's radar anymore, since they signed Brewer.
I would agree. I think the country strong JPJ probably could slide to RG and start pretty quickly but I don't think he will be the pick even if he is available at #21.
Graham Barton's versatility is enticing but I'd like him a lot better after a trade down, same with Jordan Morgan. Neither one is an ideal long term replacement for Armstead but I think they could both slide over to LT for a few games when the inevitable injuries hit #72

I could see McDaniel pounding the table for him.
And Grier, love him or hate him, gets draft value. I don't count Noah Iggy bc I'm about 98% sure that pick was forced by Brian Flores

Coach McLovin' was pounding the table with our first pick last year for Devon Achane and the GM said, let's wait a bit, and it all worked out. If Worthy is there at #55, cool. He's too small to take at #21, AD Mitchell and Brian Thomas are not.

I think the Texas player also worth watching is TE J'Tavion Sanders. McD supposedly loves him too but where to pick him is a little bit murky. Probably a middle of the second kind of prospect. Everyone thought the Lions took Sam LaPorta too early last year but he ended up changing the Detroit offense and became one of the league's best TEs.

And Grier, love him or hate him, gets draft value. I don't count Noah Iggy bc I'm about 98% sure that pick was forced by Brian Flores

Coach McLovin' was pounding the table with our first pick last year for Devon Achane and the GM said, let's wait a bit, and it all worked out. If Worthy is there at #55, cool. He's too small to take at #21, AD Mitchell and Brian Thomas are not.

I think the Texas player also worth watching is TE J'Tavion Sanders. McD supposedly loves him too but where to pick him is a little bit murky. Probably a middle of the second kind of prospect. Everyone thought the Lions took Sam LaPorta too early last year but he ended up changing the Detroit offense and became one of the league's best TEs.
Now that would shock me considering what they’ve added to that position already.

Now that would shock me considering what they’ve added to that position already.
It kinda would but I think McDaniel is pretty good at looking at prospects and realizing which ones fit his system and can add new dimensions to his offense. I like Sanders but apparently he's not a great blocker yet, he has size, speed and great athleticism but seems to be more like Jonnu Smith than George Kittle. Maybe they want to run more 2 TE sets this year or see some potential in Sanders to become a great all-around TE. Smith is only on a 2 year deal.

I was very meh on Julian Hill last year and Tanner Conner seems like an egg that's never going to hatch. I have no idea who that KC TE we signed is but I've never seen him play a snap. I like Smythe but he's an average to slightly below average starter and you look at Buffalo, KC, Balt and some of the better AFC teams and they have multiple TEs who could start on most of the teams in the NFL. Isaiah Likely was a player the Ravens probably didn't need but damn did he look good when Andrews was out. He absolutely abused us. Envious when Buffalo took Kincaid and think he and Knox are both a handful for NFL db's and lbs to cover.

I'd be shocked if we didn't have 1 or 2 Texas Longhorns on our roster after the draft and think one of them could be Sanders.

Give me the 6-3 receiver who catches touchdowns,second give me the pass rusher from UCLA

After turning in a 4.21, which shows up on tape, I can't see Worthy dropping out of round one. But I also don't think he's the best choice for Miami.

Mitchell or Turner would be better complements to Hill and Waddle. Either would likely move the needle, at least initially, more than Worthy.

Worthy and Waddle a few years down the road is something I like, though. You can part ways with Hill and still feature an offense with electric speed.

Sanders might make it to 55. I don't think that's a huge stretch.

After turning in a 4.21, which shows up on tape, I can't see Worthy dropping out of round one. But I also don't think he's the best choice for Miami.

Mitchell or Turner would be better complements to Hill and Waddle. Either would likely move the needle, at least initially, more than Worthy.

Worthy and Waddle a few years down the road is something I like, though. You can part ways with Hill and still feature an offense with electric speed.

Sanders might make it to 55. I don't think that's a huge stretch.
I wonder, though, is Worthy more Zay Flowers or John Ross? Both skinny, little blazers, one found a role and made an impact immediately, the other never did.

I wonder, though, is Worthy more Zay Flowers or John Ross? Both skinny, little blazers, one found a role and made an impact immediately, the other never did.
Good question. Worthy drops a few more than I like, but his separation is really special and with those burners every play is a potential home run. Definitely reminds me of Hill.

As far as value goes, at least drafting a CB makes sense. Iggy just didn't pan out, but I don't fault Grier for drafting one of the premier positions in the first round. The "expensive" positions, like QB, WR, OT, CB, and edge rushers are what you should be looking for in the first round. Especially in the top two thirds of the first round.

Good question. I haven't looked into Worthy much yet, but Zay Flowers has way more diversity to his game than John Ross had.

Back
Top Bottom