Who do you think should be USA's #1 GK heading in to Qualifying | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you think should be USA's #1 GK heading in to Qualifying

Neither. It should be Tim Howard.

However, none of the guys who play in Europe will be used until the final round of qualifying because we don't need to use them. Expect to see Adin Brown as the keeper for the first few qualifiers for the USA.

I doubt it. You will be seeing one of them starting in qualifiers. Maybe even Meola to give him his 100th Cap which he rightfully deserves. BTW, Howard is not better nor does he desreve to start over Friedler or Keller.

Have you watched the EPL this year? Or Champions League?

Howard has a great defense in front of him but he allows nothing to go in. The guy has made some spectacular saves. He is very popular among Manchester United fans who have very high expectations. He is definitely our #1.

Friedel and Keller are getting old and neither have been as good as Howard.

Also, I can guarantee that we don't use anyone in Europe until the final round of qualifying like we always do. We aren't going to make Tim Howard come to the USA so he can be in the nets against Grenada. We don't use the guys in Europe until we need them.

Adin Brown is the best keeper in MLS so he will probably start in most of the qualifyers in the beginning. Jonathan Walker, Kevin Hartman, or Zach Thornton could also be used.

Nope. He has a good Defense while Keller and Friedlel do not. Friedle deserves a starting job because he carried this team in the WC. I will place a bet that Howard DOES not become the #1 GK.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Nope. He has a good Defense while Keller and Friedlel do not. Friedle deserves a starting job because he carried this team in the WC. I will place a bet that Howard DOES not become the #1 GK.

Arena will make a decision in the upcoming friendlies. The thing is that Howard is young and most likely will start at the WC in 2006, so they will want to use him as much as possible. The World Cup was over a year ago, Friedel isn't the same. He was great last year, but this year he has played poorly at times. His defense is pretty bad, but it wasn't exactly great last year. Brad did the impossible last year, and he hasn't this year. He is starting to lose a step.

Howard also plays in the Champions League which is a major plus. He has made some beautiful saves and the Manchester United fans really like him (they didn't like Barthez). Howard should be the USA's #1 and most likely will be.

I doubt it. We will have to wait and see. Keller still has skill, I saw him against Brazil...played solid with a very cruddy Defense. I wuldn't count him out. It will be between him and Friedel. I like Howard, but IMO it is not his time...not yet.

Lets just get goin in world cup soccer, i don't watch all year, but damn I love world cup soccer. Up at 2:30 am watching games haha.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Lets just get goin in world cup soccer, i don't watch all year, but damn I love world cup soccer. Up at 2:30 am watching games haha.

Watching games at 2:30 in the morning was awesome, but at the next World Cup the games won't be so early. Since it is in Germany, games will be on in the late morning and early afternoon. :(

That's good. That is why I love the WC, because every WC brings a new experience. It is awesome. I loved the last one. Waking up at 2 to watch soccer until 8 am. Eating Wednesdays, or Giovanni's (Pizza) or some type of food that night. I loved it. It was fun, am looking forward to the 06 Cup, will be my last summer home. I'll be headed for college. Will be good to see games in afternoon and morning, Ill be up to watch more games. Hopefully the next one will be diff. Hopefully Peru makes it. Hopefully USA performs well. Hopefully Argentina doesn't bum out again.

Back
Top Bottom