Who Do You Want to Be Miami's DC? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Do You Want to Be Miami's DC?

Whoever we hire as DC we'll have 90% of posters tell us that it was a great hire till we give up a 1st down on 3rd and 9

Really if he doesn't have a fitness model body, wears glasses, the wrong brand of shoes, speaks loudly, speaks softly, speaks with an accent, chews gum, doesn't chew gum, or generally doesn't say exactly what they want him to in a press conference, the posters on this board will turn against him.

Then after that 1st down given up on 3rd and 9, we'll hear how they never liked the hire to begin with.

One who understands player and players want to play for. It's no secret that it was heavily debated when Flores was here whether it was Boyer or Flores was in charge of the defensive adjustments. But in any case, the defense in 2020 and 2021 was very mid. In 2020, 20th in yards, 6th in points; in 2021, 15th in yards, 16th in points. When Flores gone and Boyer in charge in 2022 and Boyer at the helm, 18th in yards and 24th in points. And last year under Fangio, 10th in yards but 22nd in points.

It's no secret that when Flores left, sans Nic Needham no one really stood up for Flores. I don't recall anyone standing up for Boyer when he was fired and it seems that Fangio wasn't liked either. Guys who aren't liked AND whose defense aren't seeing anything but middling results aren't going to last long in places. Throw in that he basically held out last year until he saw that jobs close to where he livedd weren't open and now wants to jump ship because it looks like one of those jobs opened......time for him to move on.

No prayer to get him, but Baltimore's DC is a ****ing beast. Young AF, smart AF, hardcore, gonna be a HC soon.

But since that's a pipe dream, there are a few I wouldn't mind seeing get a look-see...but not really in-love with anybody that I know is available (not that I know a whole lot of 'em). Really sucks losing Fangs, but he's been set on Philly for a while it seems.

Going to be a tall-task to hold serve or improve on that side of the ball next year IMO.

I don’t want an up and coming DC who’s about to be the next great HC somewhere. We need some consistency, a failed HC who got his job through his excellence as a DC would do me.
Could McD cope with another experienced DC in Rivera or similar.
Staley is a good shout.

At the very least the Dolphins should reach out to Belichick.

Just to insult him and if (not on this planet) he accepts, interview him and say “no thanks”

Back
Top Bottom