Who do you want to win the superbowl? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you want to win the superbowl?

Who are you rooting for?

• Denver Broncos

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
Question to those who dislike Carroll, is it about his time in the AFC East, or is it his violations at USC? If it's the latter, you have to dislike pretty much every college coach who has enjoyed significant success since the 80s.

The choke sign he gave when he was D coordinator for Jets in 1992 did it for me. It was 4th quarter and Miami scored a TD to pull within 1. Stoyo missed the extra point and Carroll made the then famous choke signal. TV cameras caught it. Miami then stopped the Jets 3 and out and got the ball back for 1 last drive. Karma and Stoyo came back to haunt Carroll. Miami drove into FG range and Stoyo nailed this one. I laughed my ass off as Dolphins won the game 19-17. It is no wonder where Richard Sherman gets his taunting antics. Can't stand the me attitude.

Despite the bad press for the choke sign Carroll was eventually promoted to head coach of the Jets in 1994. He was the head coach for the famous fake spike game. After that game his team collapsed and lost 5 straight to miss playoffs. He was fired at the end of his 1st season. I laughed my ass off again.

Pete Carroll also has 10-9 record against the dolphins as d coordinator and head coach. I guess I remember those 10 losses and his exuberant antics afterwords.

Could care less about the college violations, everyone does it.

The choke sign he gave when he was D coordinator for Jets in 1992 did it for me. It was 4th quarter and Miami scored a TD to pull within 1. Stoyo missed the extra point and Carroll made the then famous choke signal. TV cameras caught it. Miami then stopped the Jets 3 and out and got the ball back for 1 last drive. Karma and Stoyo came back to haunt Carroll. Miami drove into FG range and Stoyo nailed this one. I laughed my ass off as Dolphins won the game 19-17. It is no wonder where Richard Sherman gets his taunting antics. Can't stand the me attitude.

Despite the bad press for the choke sign Carroll was eventually promoted to head coach of the Jets in 1994. He was the head coach for the famous fake spike game. After that game his team collapsed and lost 5 straight to miss playoffs. He was fired at the end of his 1st season. I laughed my ass off again.

Pete Carroll also has 10-9 record against the dolphins as d coordinator and head coach. I guess I remember those 10 losses and his exuberant antics afterwords.

Thanks for the response, Fins. I was 10 during the fake spike game. If I remember correctly, I listened to the game on the radio as we drove home from Las Vegas (might have been Palm Springs). Anyway, at that age, I didn't pay attention to the antics of opposing coaches, or if I did, I don't remember. Growing up in San Diego, I was loosely a USC fan during the Carroll era. Saw them smash Washington St. in LA (both teams were ranked in the top 5 at the time). I admire the loose atmosphere he created there, and I admire even more that he's been able to make it work in the NFL. I don't find their D anymore flamboyant than the great Ravens D's of the 2000s. I think it's right for a DC to cultivate that type of energy. Offense is a different story - though Lynch brings some of it.

He's definitely a guy that can rub people the wrong way. Rex talks but rex is very respectful of opponents before and after games. Pete is the guy many of you think rex is as Pete will rub it in.

He's proven to be a great coach though whether we like him or not.

That act will wear thin if he doesn't keep winning(just like rex's).

Peyton 100%, cannot stand Seadderal. The guy takes unbelievable criticism for probably being the greatest quarterback of all time. His playoff "chokes" are overrated as well. One playoff game was lost because of their "idiot kicker", and then last year their secondary completely had a melt down against Baltimore. And let's not forgot some of those Colts teams he willed to 12 wins weren't very good defensively or running the football.

If you give Peyton the kind of defenses Tom Brady had....he'd probably have 3 or 4 rings going into this game to be honest.

Peyton 100%, cannot stand Seadderal. The guy takes unbelievable criticism for probably being the greatest quarterback of all time. His playoff "chokes" are overrated as well. One playoff game was lost because of their "idiot kicker", and then last year their secondary completely had a melt down against Baltimore. And let's not forgot some of those Colts teams he willed to 12 wins weren't very good defensively or running the football.

If you give Peyton the kind of defenses Tom Brady had....he'd probably have 3 or 4 rings going into this game to be honest.

"the idiot kicker" game Peyton got multiple gifts to keep Indy in the game and still could only get close enough for a 46 yarder.

Threw obvious INT that would have ended game, they overturned it
after failing on 4 downs and taking a sack inside his 5 to set Pitt up bettis fumbles and Indy returns it near midfield.
He has 2nd and 3rd and 2 from the Pitt 28, throws 2 balls in EZ rather than move chains and get closer for his shaky K.

You do know Brady's Ds have allowed more PPG in postseason than Peyton's, right? and the best defense either saw was the 2006 Colts D which won a SB despite Peyton throwing just 3 Tds and 7 INTs that postseason.

Peyton has played w/ much more talented teams than Brady, switch the QBs and Indy has 3-4 SB titles, NE maybe 1.

You do know Brady's Ds have allowed more PPG in postseason than Peyton's, right?

I'm going to have to call you on that one Junc.

Brady is 18-8 in 26 playoff games with Patriots outscoring opponents 653-525
Average playoff score is 25.1-20.2

Manning is 11-11 in 22 playoff games with Colts and Broncos outscoring opponents 513-468
Average playoff score is 23.3-21.3

Sorry to tell you but Brady's defenses have been a point per game better over the course of their careers.

Also when you add in the passer ratings in the games they were eliminated and you will see Brady dropping the ball more often than Manning

QBR in playoff losses

Manning

Only 4 of 11 games below 82 and all were early in his career, the last 5 times he was bounced from the playoffs his passer rating was above 88, hardly his fault.

Brady

Brady has 4 of 8 game losses below 82 and in last 4 had 2 horrible games against Ravens with rating below 63

Brady hasn't won **** in a long time.

I'm going to have to call you on that one Junc.

Brady is 18-8 in 26 playoff games with Patriots outscoring opponents 653-525
Average playoff score is 25.1-20.2

Manning is 11-11 in 22 playoff games with Colts and Broncos outscoring opponents 513-468
Average playoff score is 23.3-21.3

Sorry to tell you but Brady's defenses have been a point per game better over the course of their careers.

Also when you add in the passer ratings in the games they were eliminated and you will see Brady dropping the ball more often than Manning

QBR in playoff losses

Manning

Only 4 of 11 games below 82 and all were early in his career, the last 5 times he was bounced from the playoffs his passer rating was above 88, hardly his fault.

Brady

Brady has 4 of 8 game losses below 82 and in last 4 had 2 horrible games against Ravens with rating below 63

Brady hasn't won **** in a long time.

QBR means nothing to me. Let's go over the playoff losses game by game- see bottom.

defensive pts allowed- notice I wrote DEFENSIVE pts allowed. I am not using Peyton pick 6s or STs pts against the Ds.

Brady's Pats: 523 pts in 26 games, 20.1 PPG
manning's Colts/Broncos: 420 in 22 games, 19.1

when comparing in regulation it is even more in favor of Indy's D's.

One and done's?
Brady TWO
Manning EIGHT

Home losses:
Brady 3
Manning 5

avg. pts scored in playoff losses:
Brady: 16.9
Manning: 14.8

avg. pts allowed by Ds in playoff losses:
Brady: 27 PPG
Manning: 24 PPG

Let's look at each playoff loss:

Manning:
1999 vs. Ten. 19-16 loss, score late TD to make game look closer but he was terrible throughout though we'll give him a pass since it was his first postseason game.
2000 at Mia: against legendary postseason choking D leads O to 3 pts in the 2nd half and OT
2002 at NYJ: SHUT OUT, 41-0 loss.
2003 at NE: throws 4 INTs in 24-14 loss. Polian complaisn to league that Indy WRs are being mugged by NE, league CHANGES contact rules.
2004 at NE: despite new rules leads O to THREE pts in 20-3 loss.
2005 vs. Pitt: given multiple gifts- threw INT that would have ended game but they overturned it incorrectly. after going 4 and out and taking a sack at his 2 yd line Pitt fumbles back to Indy and they return it to near midfield. Peyton has 2nd and 3rd and 2 from Pitt 26, takes 2 shots at EZ rather than getting closer FGA. Kick is missed, Indy loses.
2007 vs. SD: 4 pt loss, throws TWO RZ INTs that cost Indy at least 6 pts. One of only 2 times he has led O to more than 20 pts in playoff loss.
2008: at SD: lost in OT, had chance to run out clock late, failed and took sack to Indy 1 making P punt from EZ and setting up game tying FG for SD where they would win in OT
2009 SB vs. NO: trailing 24-17 in 4th, leading long drive. Throws INT for TD to end it. Led O to 7 pts in qtrs. 2-4.
2010 vs. NYJ: chance to run out clock and kick GW FG w/ no time left, instead settles for 50 yd FG giving Jets a chance. mark $anchez shows peyton how to do what he couldn't in 2005 vs. Pitt by setting up chip shot FG for win.
2012 vs. Bal: despite TWO STs TDs he couldn't win going one and done again. 3 TOs led directly to 17 pts including the GW FG in double OT.

Brady:
2005 at Den: 27-13 loss, throws RZ INT returned inside NE 10. changed game.
2006 at Ind: leads O to 27 pts, main weapons were Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney and he nearly led them to a SB.
2007 SB: led 80 yd drive to take 4 pt lead late in game. D allows late TD to lose it.
2009 vs. Bal: was brutal in blowout loss
2010 vs. NYJ: struggled vs. Jets in 28-21 loss that wasn't as close as final score.
2011 SB: again leaves field late w/ lead, again D blows late lead. did fail to run out clock but Wes Welker dropped pass that essentially would have won that game for NE.
2012 vs. Bal: another big Welker drop helps them lose but Brady was not sharp.
2013 at Den: took weapons that no other QB could win w/ to a title game. Struggled but had very little help.

Nowhere has he thrown an INT for TD to lose a SB, nowhere has he blown an opportunity like Peyton 2005, nowhere has continually failed to run out clock to blow games.

defenses during SB runs:
NE:
2001: 15.7 PPG
2003: 19 PPG
2004: 17 PPG
2007: 16.3 PPG
2011: 16.3 PPG
totals: 17 PPG

Ind/Den:
2006: 12.8 PPG
2009: 14.7 PPG
2013: 16.5 PPG
totals: 14.2 PPG

Brady has been better by a WIDE margin overall. Since 2005 the 2 have been very close but again Peyton has always played w/ much more talent minus a here or 2.

QBR means nothing to me. Let's go over the playoff losses game by game- see bottom.

defensive pts allowed- notice I wrote DEFENSIVE pts allowed. I am not using Peyton pick 6s or STs pts against the Ds.

Brady's Pats: 523 pts in 26 games, 20.1 PPG
manning's Colts/Broncos: 420 in 22 games, 19.1

when comparing in regulation it is even more in favor of Indy's D's.

One and done's?
Brady TWO
Manning EIGHT

Home losses:
Brady 3
Manning 5

avg. pts scored in playoff losses:
Brady: 16.9
Manning: 14.8

avg. pts allowed by Ds in playoff losses:
Brady: 27 PPG
Manning: 24 PPG

Let's look at each playoff loss:

Manning:
1999 vs. Ten. 19-16 loss, score late TD to make game look closer but he was terrible throughout though we'll give him a pass since it was his first postseason game.
2000 at Mia: against legendary postseason choking D leads O to 3 pts in the 2nd half and OT
2002 at NYJ: SHUT OUT, 41-0 loss.
2003 at NE: throws 4 INTs in 24-14 loss. Polian complaisn to league that Indy WRs are being mugged by NE, league CHANGES contact rules.
2004 at NE: despite new rules leads O to THREE pts in 20-3 loss.
2005 vs. Pitt: given multiple gifts- threw INT that would have ended game but they overturned it incorrectly. after going 4 and out and taking a sack at his 2 yd line Pitt fumbles back to Indy and they return it to near midfield. Peyton has 2nd and 3rd and 2 from Pitt 26, takes 2 shots at EZ rather than getting closer FGA. Kick is missed, Indy loses.
2007 vs. SD: 4 pt loss, throws TWO RZ INTs that cost Indy at least 6 pts. One of only 2 times he has led O to more than 20 pts in playoff loss.
2008: at SD: lost in OT, had chance to run out clock late, failed and took sack to Indy 1 making P punt from EZ and setting up game tying FG for SD where they would win in OT
2009 SB vs. NO: trailing 24-17 in 4th, leading long drive. Throws INT for TD to end it. Led O to 7 pts in qtrs. 2-4.
2010 vs. NYJ: chance to run out clock and kick GW FG w/ no time left, instead settles for 50 yd FG giving Jets a chance. mark $anchez shows peyton how to do what he couldn't in 2005 vs. Pitt by setting up chip shot FG for win.
2012 vs. Bal: despite TWO STs TDs he couldn't win going one and done again. 3 TOs led directly to 17 pts including the GW FG in double OT.

Brady:
2005 at Den: 27-13 loss, throws RZ INT returned inside NE 10. changed game.
2006 at Ind: leads O to 27 pts, main weapons were Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney and he nearly led them to a SB.
2007 SB: led 80 yd drive to take 4 pt lead late in game. D allows late TD to lose it.
2009 vs. Bal: was brutal in blowout loss
2010 vs. NYJ: struggled vs. Jets in 28-21 loss that wasn't as close as final score.
2011 SB: again leaves field late w/ lead, again D blows late lead. did fail to run out clock but Wes Welker dropped pass that essentially would have won that game for NE.
2012 vs. Bal: another big Welker drop helps them lose but Brady was not sharp.
2013 at Den: took weapons that no other QB could win w/ to a title game. Struggled but had very little help.

Nowhere has he thrown an INT for TD to lose a SB, nowhere has he blown an opportunity like Peyton 2005, nowhere has continually failed to run out clock to blow games.

defenses during SB runs:
NE:
2001: 15.7 PPG
2003: 19 PPG
2004: 17 PPG
2007: 16.3 PPG
2011: 16.3 PPG
totals: 17 PPG

Ind/Den:
2006: 12.8 PPG
2009: 14.7 PPG
2013: 16.5 PPG
totals: 14.2 PPG

Brady has been better by a WIDE margin overall. Since 2005 the 2 have been very close but again Peyton has always played w/ much more talent minus a here or 2.

We will talk on Monday.

haha, enjoy the game. If peyton wins and plays well he gets a little closer to Brady.

Not with that performance. That was ugly.
Underestimated Seattle's defense, they looked like the 73 Dolphins and 85 Bears.

Back
Top Bottom