Who Gets National Title Shot? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Gets National Title Shot?

Truthfully a better question is what IF OSU (lets just say them) stays undefeated. All the other mentioned teams lose one game, but WVU or Louisville runs the table... Then who plays? There was talk on the radio today that the strength of schedule of those two Big East teams would leave them out and make one of the one loss teams in the big game!

Personally, I feel if one of the Big East teams runs the table and no one else does (or just one other team does) then they should be in the game...

Just interesting food for thought.

Oboy said:
Truthfully a better question is what IF OSU (lets just say them) stays undefeated. All the other mentioned teams lose one game, but WVU or Louisville runs the table... Then who plays? There was talk on the radio today that the strength of schedule of those two Big East teams would leave them out and make one of the one loss teams in the big game!

Personally, I feel if one of the Big East teams runs the table and no one else does (or just one other team does) then they should be in the game...

Just interesting food for thought.
I heard that too. I think it would depend on how/where/who a team with one loss happened, and how WV/Louiseville performed the rest of the way in their victories.

WV and Louisville don't play ANYONE.....there schedules are garbage, and the Big East is on par with Conf USA and the MAC as far as competitiveness.....

The Big 10, SEC, and Big 12 laugh at the Big east.

If either of those teams gets consideration over a legitimate team that lost a game, simply for going undefeated against the teams they played it would be a joke.

Ohio State will be playing either Florida, or USC....unless Florida drops 2 games, USC loses to Michigan and WV loses to Louisville, and Louisville loses to Rutgers, throwq in a Texas loss @ nebraska ....

...fast forward to Nov 18th....Ohio State beats Michigan, yet Michigan reamins @ #2 setting up a rematch for the national title.. Ohio State vs michigan....the utimate game between the ultimate rivals.....

Whitner20 said:
...fast forward to Nov 18th....Ohio State beats Michigan, yet Michigan reamins @ #2 setting up a rematch for the national title.. Ohio State vs michigan....the utimate game between the ultimate rivals.....

Thats EXTREMELY rare that kinda thing happens.

Last time was 10 years ago when #1 Florida lost to #2 FSU the last game of the season and dropped to like 5 and all 3 teams ahead of them lost their conference championship games setting up a rematch, which was a Gator blowout. :D

UF Fin Kat said:
michigan/ohio state is so boring, we don't need that twice a year.

What? When you Florida guys start to understand college football then you can appreciate the greatest rivalry in sports history.

Did you watch last years game.....far, far, far, from boring

Ohio State comes back down 21-12 with 7 minutes left in the fourth quarter to score with :24 left on the clock.......700 yards of offense, amazing game......

Whitner20 said:
What? When you Florida guys start to understand college football then you can appreciate the greatest rivalry in sports history.

Did you watch last years game.....far, far, far, from boring

Ohio State comes back down 21-12 with 7 minutes left in the fourth quarter to score with :24 left on the clock.......700 yards of offense, amazing game......

Don't stereotype, thats one person's opinion.

Motion said:
Don't stereotype, thats one person's opinion.

I'm just kidding......

Florida vs Ohio State is my guess at this point.

How does Florida travel, cause Ohio State is probably the best represented college team in terms of fans @ away games........

Still alot of football to be played, especially for Florida. I'm not trying to get my National Championship hopes up to high just yet. We take care of Auburn and Georgia and I'll feel much better.

I'm sure Gator Nation will be there in full force when they make it there though. :wink:

Whitner20 said:
I'm just kidding......

Florida vs Ohio State is my guess at this point.

How does Florida travel, cause Ohio State is probably the best represented college team in terms of fans @ away games........
We travel a lot better than the U that's for sure

Whitner20 said:
WV and Louisville don't play ANYONE.....there schedules are garbage, and the Big East is on par with Conf USA and the MAC as far as competitiveness.....

The Big 10, SEC, and Big 12 laugh at the Big east.

If either of those teams gets consideration over a legitimate team that lost a game, simply for going undefeated against the teams they played it would be a joke.

Blah, blah, blah, I get so TIRED of hearing crap like that. Yeah U of L and WVU's schedules aren't as strong because the league is recovering from the ACC raid. They can't really strengthen their nonconference schedule, because no one will play them. I know for a fact that Ohio State won't play U of L. We almost beat them in the early 90's at the horseshoe. After that game they said they would never sign for another series with us again. Cowardice...maybe. But I agree with them. Why sign for series with U of L when you already play in a tough conference with many tough games. I was amazed that they signed to play TX. U of L was lucky they got a series with Miami. Right now they're working on getting one with ND.

LouPhinFan said:
Blah, blah, blah, I get so TIRED of hearing crap like that. Yeah U of L and WVU's schedules aren't as strong because the league is recovering from the ACC raid. They can't really strengthen their nonconference schedule, because no one will play them. I know for a fact that Ohio State won't play U of L. We almost beat them in the early 90's at the horseshoe. After that game they said they would never sign for another series with us again. Cowardice...maybe. But I agree with them. Why sign for series with U of L when you already play in a tough conference with many tough games. I was amazed that they signed to play TX. U of L was lucky they got a series with Miami. Right now they're working on getting one with ND.
That would probably go through...ND plays everybody

Back
Top Bottom