Who guessed the draft correct? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who guessed the draft correct?

BennyVW

I'm the Man in the Box
Reaction score
I was just wondering how close our mocks were to what saban did?

Did anyone even have Matt roth, Channing crowder, or travis daniels on their boards?

I know i said Crowder would be a great value pick, but did any of us even see us picking up roth?

I had Daniels tabbed in the 4th. I thought we would've gone QB in the 2nd round and was surprised Crowder fell that far. Roth was a questionmark because we didn't have a 2nd rounder for some time.

No I wasn't even close. I think I had Shazor in the 2nd (he was undrafted), and McPherson in the 3rd (drafted in the 4th by the Saints).

I knew Saban would have some interest in Daniels, but I didn't think that Crowder or Roth would make it to our pick in the second.

i knew we were gonna take 1of the LSU corners(my money was on webster with the surtain pick)but im still shocked we got crowder in the 3rd i had him as the last pick in the 1st round to NE(thank god that didnt happen CC is a animal)

Here was my mock from last year...

• Round 1 (#5 acquired from Tampa Bay in exchange for #2) - Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn
  • Round 2 (#36 acquired from Tampa Bay in exchange for #2) – Luis Castillo, DT, Northwestern
  • Round 2 ( #46 acquired from Kansas City in exchange for Pat Surtain) – Josh Bullocks, S, Nebraska
  • Round 3 (#70 from Chicago for Wally Ogunleye in '04) – Corey Webster, CB, L.S.U.
  • Round 3 (#91 acquired from Tampa Bay in exchange for #2) – David Greene, Q.B., Georgia
  • Round 4 (#104) – Rian Wallace, OLB, Temple
  • Round 5 (#138) – Roscoe Parrish, W.R., Miami (Fla.)
  • Round 7 (#216) - Eric Oliver, S., Ole Miss.
Obviously had a trade in there...looking back now it was way off.

Parrish in the 5th?:sidelol:

We would have gotten Webster but the G-Men took him.

I still wish we had gotten David Greene. He went at #85.

Bullocks went at #40 so I was close.

Castillo was someone who I really wanted at the time and now I REALLY wish we had gotten him.

wow, heres something i said last year about KBs mock where he had Matt Jones going in the 4th round to us.......

Nappy Roots said:
i definitly like your first 2 picks. as far as matt jones goes. i dont know why we would pick him to play WR or TE. specially in the 4th, not a good pick at all imo. and i dont think fields will last that long, i have him going in the 4th, but in the 5th isnt a stretch. and to be honest, i dont know much about brown, but hes listed at OT, and sounds like a Center. so your probably right about him moving to C

:sidelol: damn that was horrible by me. although that was before he ran that 4.4 40 in his workout.

heres another one about Antajj Hawthorne. which i still cant understand honestly.

Hawthorne, since the season has ended, has been my #1 rated DT, im not going to change because of Kiper filling everyones heads with things.

ahh man, looking back at myself is pretty funny

The 1st mock I made last year I actually had Roth going to us in a trade down but I can't remember who else I had....lol On the last mock I had Ronnie to us with our top pick but that was it....I didn't think we'd take Roth in the 2nd and I had no idea that Crowder would be our pick in the 3rd or Daniels in the 4th.The only time I had 2 picks right was when we took Pape and Pope but I thoguht we'g get Pape in the 3rd and Pope like in the 4th or 5th.Still, I have fun making my mocks from time to time.

Ozzy rules!!

Nappy Roots said:
wow, heres something i said last year about KBs mock where he had Matt Jones going in the 4th round to us.......

:sidelol: damn that was horrible by me. although that was before he ran that 4.4 40 in his workout.

heres another one about Antajj Hawthorne. which i still cant understand honestly.

ahh man, looking back at myself is pretty funny

haha, I was hyping my boy Matt Jones all last offseason. Gotta love those former Hogs, especially one as special as MJ.

i remeber wishing we would draft roth. also i had us takin ronnie. after that i had no clue

I remember thinking we HAD to take Crowder in the 3rd since he was still there, and how hyped I was when I saw his name on the screen. Nothing like having one of your favorite college players drafted by your fav NFL team.

My draft was big on picking up a DE in the 2nd round. I actually wanted Dan Cody, but Roth was my 1a pick. Crowder was a great pick that I loved. I was thinking QB or him. Daniels and Alabi I didn't predict, but Vickerson I could of guessed possibly.

hdjetta6316 said:
I was just wondering how close our mocks were to what saban did?

Did anyone even have Matt roth, Channing crowder, or travis daniels on their boards?

I know i said Crowder would be a great value pick, but did any of us even see us picking up roth?

I thought we were takin Edwards in first - BUT to your point, a few weeks prior to draft we should start a mock draft spread and see who is closet to reality.

I thought we were goin to get brown

Roth surprised the heck out of me

I wasnt thinking Crowder was going to fall that far but was happy to see us nab him

Daniels I thought was a bit of a reach but turned out nice

depth at T and DT is wut I expected out of the later rounds

what surprised was not 1 trade

unifiedtheory said:
Here was my mock from last year...
  • Round 1 (#5 acquired from Tampa Bay in exchange for #2) - Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn
  • Round 2 (#36 acquired from Tampa Bay in exchange for #2) – Luis Castillo, DT, Northwestern
  • Round 2 ( #46 acquired from Kansas City in exchange for Pat Surtain) – Josh Bullocks, S, Nebraska
  • Round 3 (#70 from Chicago for Wally Ogunleye in '04) – Corey Webster, CB, L.S.U.
  • Round 3 (#91 acquired from Tampa Bay in exchange for #2) – David Greene, Q.B., Georgia
  • Round 4 (#104) – Rian Wallace, OLB, Temple
  • Round 5 (#138) – Roscoe Parrish, W.R., Miami (Fla.)
  • Round 7 (#216) - Eric Oliver, S., Ole Miss.
Obviously had a trade in there...looking back now it was way off.

Parrish in the 5th?:sidelol:

We would have gotten Webster but the G-Men took him.

I still wish we had gotten David Greene. He went at #85.

Bullocks went at #40 so I was close.

Castillo was someone who I really wanted at the time and now I REALLY wish we had gotten him.

hehe I feel ya but I remeber a lot of posters were wishing for Ernest Shazor in tehe second :sidelol: he didnt even get drafted

Back
Top Bottom