Who Had the Highest 4th Quarter QBR in this past Post Season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Had the Highest 4th Quarter QBR in this past Post Season?

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey there guys and gals, just had time to look up some of these stats up, of the teams who made it into the past Post Season and the winner is.....

# 1- J Delhomme (Car) :bravo: with a QBR of 135%, with his stats looking as, 19 comp (68%), 28 att, 405 yds (14.46 YPA), 2 TDs, 0 INT, and 4 sacks. His team went 3-1 loosing to NE in the SB. He led his team to score an average of 25 PPG in the Post Season, while the team allowed an average of 17 PPG. Great team management and leader during his 4 PS games.

One of the resons I research this info was to see how these QB performed under pressure, in the Playoffs...

The rest of the 13 QBs are:

# 2- D McNabb (Phili) with a QBR of 88.5%, with 6 comp (46%), 13 att, 70 yds (5.38 YPA), 1 TD, INT, 5 sacks. This is for 1 game only, due to injury, he did not play in the 4th quarter of the NFC game, K. Detmer did. Donovan led his team to score an average of 12 PPG, while the team allowed an average of 16 PPG. Team record of 1-1.

#3- J Plummer (Den) with a QBR of 83%, with 6 comp (75%), 8 att, 35 yds (4.38 YPA), 1 TD, and 1 INT. He led the team to score 10 PPG, while the team allowed 41 PPG. His team record of 0-1.

# 4- T Green (KC) with a QBR of 81%, with 7 comp (64%), 11 att, 68 yds (6.18 YPA), 0 TD, 0 INT. He led the team to score 31 PPG, while the team allowed 38 PPG. Team record of 0-1.

# 5- T Brady (NE) with a QBR of 80%, with 20 comp (59%), 34 att, 177 yds (5.21 YPA), 2 TDs, 1 INT. He led team to a record of 3-0, and winning the SB. Leading his team in scoring an average of 24 PPG, while the team allowed an average of 19 PPG.

# 6- Q Carter (DAL) with a QBR of 79%, with 8 comp (57%), 14 att, 61 yds (4.36 YPA), 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 sack. He led the team to score 10 PPG, while the team allowed 29 PPG. Team record of 0-1.

# 7- P Manning (Ind) with a QBR of 74%, with 19 comp (58%), 33 att, 207 yds (6.27 YPA), 1 TD, 1 INT, and 2 sacks. He lead team to score an average of 31 PPG, while the team allowed an average of 22 PPG. Team record of 2-1.

# 8- A Wright (Bal) with a QBR of 68%, with 9 comp (60%), 15 att, 78 yds (5.20 YPA), 1 TD, 1 INT, and 1 sack. He lead team to score 17 PPG, while team allowed 20 PPG. Team record of 0-1.

# 9- B Favre (GB) with a QBR of 63%, with 12 comp (67%), 18 att, 122 yds (6.78 YPA), 0 TD, 1 INT. He led the team to score an average of 25 PPG, while the team allowed an average of 24 PPG. Team record of 1-1.

# 10- M Bulger (STL) with a QBR of 42%, with 14 comp (58%), 24 att, 176 yds (7.33 YPA), 0 TD, and 3 INT. He led the team to score 23 PPG, while the team allowed 29 PPG. Team record of 0-1.

# 11- S McNair (Ten) with a QBR of 41%, with 8 comp (57%), 14 att, 70 yds (5.0 YPA), 0 TD, 1 INT, and 1 sack. He led the team to score an average of 17 PPG, while the team allowed an average of 17 PPG. Team record of 1-1.

# 12- K. Detmer (Phi) with a QBR of 40%, with 7 comp (50%), 14 att, 88 yds (6.29 YPA), 0TD, 1 INT, and 1 sack. He led the team in the 4th quarter of the NFC Championship game.

# 13- M Hasselbeck (Sea) with a QBR of 27%, with 6 comp (43%), 14 att, 63 yds (4.50 YPA), 0 TD, and 1 INT. He led the team to score 27 PPG, while the team allowed 33 PPG. Tea record of 0-1.

Hope it was short, and hope it could help others come to some conclusion on how well these QBs perform in the 4th quarter, maybe when the game is on the line...

And just think. Nothing stopped us from going after Delhomme last year........Oh, wait that's right. We already had Feidler. Much better. :lol:

I'll bet you were still saying that during Week 1, when Delhomme was sitting on the bench behind Rodney Peete. :lol:

Those numbers don't really tell us too much, as most of those guys played in 1 or two 4th quarters. Steve McNair is arguably the best QB in the league. He's a big game player who has carried his team the last few years. And he's #11 out of 13 QB here.

Jake Plummer wasn't under any pressure. His team was being blown out in the 4th quarter. And he threw a total of 8 passes for 35 yards. Yet he's #3.

I think you just got really bored, Disnardo. :tongue:

Muck said:
I'll bet you were still saying that during Week 1, when Delhomme was sitting on the bench behind Rodney Peete. :lol:

Those numbers don't really tell us too much, as most of those guys played in 1 or two 4th quarters. Steve McNair is arguably the best QB in the league. He's a big game player who has carried his team the last few years. And he's #11 out of 13 QB here.

Jake Plummer wasn't under any pressure. His team was being blown out in the 4th quarter. And he threw a total of 8 passes for 35 yards. Yet he's #3.

I agree that that the numbers don't always tell the real story.......but he is still better than Feidler.

heck

Muck said:

i might just take rodney peete instead of fiedler!

Muck said:

Well as you might have figured out by now I am a little of a stats junkie. I was not bored Muck, was just chilling time with a couple of :xii: :)

Anyways, I agree with you on McNair, he is an awsome QB, but again I am just posting what the stats show. I have to add McNair's 4th quarter performance in the Post Season of 2002. He won 1 and also lost 1. I know he got injured (ankle, I think) in the 4th quarter of the first game, finished that game and played the next complete game. Great heart and way to suck it up...

His stats for those 2 games (in the 4th) were a QBR of 54%, 16 comp (50%), 32 att, 178 yds (5.56 YPA), 0TD, 1 INT, and 1 sack. He led his team to score an average of 29 PPG, while the team allowed an average of 36 PPG...

The NFL Passer Rating Link...

Hey guys and gals, here is the link I use to get those QB rating. You did not think I knew it by heart did you? ;)

It's easy just click, delete the old stats and fill in the blanks, you might find it usefull...

SouthEndZone Link

If you go back a couple of seasons, when Miami's OL was playing better in front of a healthy JF, you would find JF at the top of the 4th qtr QBR list. Last season, Delhomme had the great OL play and he put great numbers. You give almost any NFL QB great protection (even JF) and more likely than not they'll give you a victory.

Disnardo said:
Well as you might have figured out by now I am a little of a stats junkie. I was not bored Muck, was just chilling time with a couple of :xii: :)

I'm a stats junkie too, but there are stats that are meaningful and stats that are meaningless. Statistics that don't provide enough information to determine anything are not worth much. Imo, the only thing worse than no stats, is stats that skew perceptions b/c they aren't based on enough evidence to draw a conclusion. A look at 4th quarter QB ratings over the course of a season, in close games, would be the true test of how a QB plays under pressure. Remember how well Kerry Collins played in the Giants post-season three years ago? Didn't play like that before or since.

There's no doubt Delhomme played extremely well the entire post-season and handled pressure very well. But, no one knew he would do that - not even their coaches! Brady has always been known to be a big game player. Of course, the true test for Delhomme will be whether he can follow up that fine season this next year. A big part will depend on whether the entire team plays like they did last year.

It will be interesting to see if a) Feeley beats out Fiedler (if he doesn't, he won't be a worthwhile pickup, imo); and b) Feeley shows the "moxy" that Delhomme did last year. Rick will either look like a genius, or he'll come under serious scrutiny for the contract and 2nd round draft pick.

rafael said:
If you go back a couple of seasons, when Miami's OL was playing better in front of a healthy JF, you would find JF at the top of the 4th qtr QBR list. Last season, Delhomme had the great OL play and he put great numbers. You give almost any NFL QB great protection (even JF) and more likely than not they'll give you a victory.
Yes good stats would start with a good OL..

I did checked out JF's 4th quarter QBR in the first 6 games of 2002, before injuring himself in Denver. He had a good (solid) OL to begin with as well as a great RB and good receivers. He had great #s then, but after he came back from injury he never regained anywhere near his old form...

Here they are- 13 comp (76%), 17 att, 152 yds (8.94 YPA), 0 TD, INT, 2 sacks, and a QBR of 103%. Led the team to score an avarage of 30 PPG...

The 4 games after he came back- 15 comp (52%), 29 att, 105 yds (3.62 YPA), 0 TD, 0 INT, 3 sacks, and a QBR of 60%. Led the team to score an average of 23 PPG...

This past year (2003) his 4th quarter stats were, 32 comp (46%), 69 att, 342 yds (4.96 YPA), 1 TD, 8 INTs, 6 sacks, and a QBR of 29%. Led the team to score an average of 21 PPG...

Bottom line, like you stated as well as others, the poor excuse for an OL we had last year, IMO was our biggest weakness, while QB was second. We all know that without a solid OL, any team will have trouble executing...

This past year (2003) his 4th quarter stats were, 32 comp (46%), 69 att, 342 yds (4.96 YPA), 1 TD, 8 INTs, 6 sacks, and a QBR of 29%. Led the team to score an average of 21 PPG

jesus.

some of those qb's played in some really good conditions, try putting up great stats in that froze bowl pats/tenn playoff game, or that chitty weather snow game vs pats/colts. you must factor stuff like that in.

nothing worse than an I TOLD YOU SO fan after the fact.. "why didn't we get THIS guy, etc"

Too easy.

Back
Top Bottom