Who has the better future Chris Chambers or... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who has the better future Chris Chambers or...

Santana Moss is not 5'10". More like 5'8". And I think that Moss will be a solid NFL WR.

Santana Moss is not 5'10". I'm sorry but its just not true and if you've ever seen him in person you would know it for truth. I'm 5'10" and had a good inch or two on him. Santana is closer to 5'8" which is why coaches were very reluctant about drafting him once they saw how little he actually looks. Chris Chambers is 5'11" You think Santana is in all actuality only an inch shorter?

You can't trust figures on height and weight from NFL.com or any other of the major news sites. They are some of the most inflated figures I've ever seen. Height would have totally NOT been an issue if Santana were really 5'10" tall because there are a lot of WRs in this league who are 5'10" tall...good ones at that like Joey Galloway I believe. And I seriously doubt Santana weighs 185 however I would not know for absolute certain, but the height I do know. I wouldn't get caught up in the inch game from the NFL.com stat sheet because it means nothing. What means everything is the man's stature in person, and Santana's stature is of a little schrimp otherwise he may have been the first player taken in the entire draft.

That said I think Santana has the ability to be a starter if and only if he can stay healthy. But I don't think he can or will stay healthy for a full season because of his size. Also, this is not "like" his rookie season. His rookie season was "like" his rookie season. Injuries are not an excuse in fact I view them the opposite. You tell me your stats are bad because you were fighting through injuries? I'll tell you I'd probably prefer your stats being bad because you sucked. No point having a good player on the squad who's always injured, ask Dave Wannstedt. What Santana most definitely can be, is possibly the best return man ever in the game, and a good deep threat vis'a'vis Chris Sanders.

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
Personally, I think that if Moss has a no injury season, the Dolphins better watch out for him... especially in the special teams.

However, even if Moss has a good season... I think Chris will have a better overall future. Especially if he keeps his attitude the same and doesn't become a Randy Moss... lol
Oh no, AJ! You may then have to create more Martians. Delays, delays.:lol:

All I Meant by saying that this is "like his rookie season" meaning that he did not have a chance to prove himself last year, unlike a 1st round pick from Wisconsin last year in the secondary, and fail.

Actually you're wrong on both counts. Jamar Fletcher came in and started in relief of Sam Madison and faired pretty well for a rookie CB.

And on the second count, Santana Moss came back into the lineup in week 8, and though the coaches were very hopeful that he would make an impact, he did not. He still had half a season to break into the rotation and make an impact, he still failed to do so, whereas Chambers made waves immediately. This is not his rookie season. His rookie season is over, and it was a disappointment. WRs rarely make waves in their rookie years, much like CBs, so he has a decent shot at improving.

Rod Gardner in my opinion will be mentioned among top 10-15 WRs for many years.

They are built differently though.

I admit I was rooting for us to get Santana in the draft but now I'm glad we didn't.

I think a solid #2 WR he can be. But there is no way he can scare a team like CC does.

The Jits do have some nice young talent I'll give them that. They will be a thorn for us for awhile.

It's really to early to say about Moss. He is certainly talented, we saw that in College. I think based on what we have seen, you would have to favor Chambers.

For Jet fans that want to dismiss Moss' injuries. We did the same thing with Yatil Green and he just never recovered. All sentences that start with "When he is healthy . . ." are at best suspect.

Also, you don't know what a player will do "when healthy", if they've never been healthy in pro's.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
All I Meant by saying that this is "like his rookie season" meaning that he did not have a chance to prove himself last year, unlike a 1st round pick from Wisconsin last year in the secondary, and fail.

I hate to pre-judge people, but when it comes to jests fans. Oh yeah, that's right, I DID say people! Anyway, I was just going to say, that for a jest fan, that JETS wasn't half bad. Not obnoxious, and at least did make a little sense.

But when you say that Moss didn't have a chance to prove himself, and Fletcher did, that is just not the case. First of all, Fletcher (stupidly) held out of camp, so he missed a little time there, and then he got injured, which slowed his progress. And then, faster than you could say Terry Cousin, he was the 4th corner.

Now, don't get me wrong. Was Jamar a dissapointment? Hell yes. But certainly no more dissapointing than Santana.

Back
Top Bottom