Who here believes Jay Williams should start? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here believes Jay Williams should start?

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
I have watched the last two games and focused on the O-Gun Jay Williams battle. I believe that it's really not even close thus far. Williams has made plays, hurried the QB and played the run as well as any Dolphin.

O-Gun has not done a thing and might be a little bitter with his contract situation. Here's hoping he gets it going but I feel Williams should be rewarded for his stellar play and get on the field more. (I know he is currently a rush DT) Burnett and Zgonina/O-gun can be fine rush DT with Taylor and Williams on the outside. This could get pressure as well as play the run very well on those draws and screens that kill us so much.

Thoughts?

where is zgonina? thats what i am wondering. Williams is a better pass rusher no doubt.

idk....ogun had like 9 sacks last yr and will pick things up. Dont start calling for the backups yet guys :tongue2:

Well, Jay is not exactly "a backup" he has started in this league and is a very strong run defender. In our scheme a D-lineman is rotated so much only Taylor really plays a majority of the snaps along the d-line.

We could do much worst than to start Jay Williams opposite JT...and if Ogun doesn't step up pretty soon, that may be exactly what happens.

Well guys if Jason taylor isn't even heard of making sacks then there will be a possability that o-gun won't neither. You guys are jumping to conclusions too fast.

At least we know the other teams are game planning against JT to take him out of the game, slide protections and chip blocks and whatnot. You certainly don't see them doing that against Ogun, do you?

Originally posted by Phinstd
I have watched the last two games and focused on the O-Gun Jay Williams battle.

What battle? There's no battle..

I don't...If Jay Williams were outplaying Ogun he would be starting but he isn't so he isn't ;)

On the contrary a guy like Jay Williams would probably have to significantly outplay Ogun in order to beat him because the rest of the team thinks Ogun has earned the right to be their with his 9.5 sacks last year.

Back
Top Bottom