who here thinks RB will beat karims rookie record | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who here thinks RB will beat karims rookie record

Alot of that will depend on whether defenses stop stacking 8 man fronts on us and that means that (1) our O-Line will have to vastly improve and (2) Feeley is going to have to make some completions down the field. Until then, expect Ronnie's life to be alittle hard till we can prove that we have more than one dimension.

josephreese said:
Vikes' rushing yards last year from ESPN:

Smith 544
Culpepper 406
Moore 379
Bennett 276
Williams 161

A lot of RBs carried the load there, and though this was due in part to injury, I think it also speaks to the type of offense Linehan wants to run. Let's also factor in the huge question mark of our OL. If Brown rushes for 1200 yards this year, I'd be very surprised. This is not a knock on Brown's ability. It's just a comment on his environment.

From the Minesotta vikings home page:

In Linehan's first year in the NFL, several Vikings set individual marks. Second-year RB Michael Bennett ran for 1,296 yards, which was the 2nd-best single season performance in team history, and was named to his first Pro Bowl.

IF he has used so many runninbacks is because his feature runninback (bennet) was injured, his replacement (Onterrio Smith) was out 4 games or more for substance abuse, Moe Williams was more of a bruiser than anything, and Mewelde Moore well no one actually thinks he can be a full starter, so he played around between backs, but you cannot tell me that is how a Offensive Coordinator gameplans based on only one season. Bennet carried the load, and after him Moe Williams did in the 2003 season, at least until Onterrio got healthy, plus we should even go as back as what he did in Louisville, (i could not find the stats), he did use multiple runningbacks last year, and he will if that is going to help the team, but that does not mean that he will remove our best player of the field (if ronnie turns out to be that) basically because his style is to run different backs.

I think that Brown could easily go for 1500 if the line gets there act together and I expect that to happen.

Is it unrealistic for him to 2000 total yards. I mean LT does it almost yearly and that is who he is compared to. I dont see why not if you utilize his recieveing skills. With defenses having to worry about Chambers, Booker, McMike and maybe even Boston there should be plenty of balls thrown Ronnies way.

Quelonio said:
From the Minesotta vikings home page:

In Linehan's first year in the NFL, several Vikings set individual marks. Second-year RB Michael Bennett ran for 1,296 yards, which was the 2nd-best single season performance in team history, and was named to his first Pro Bowl.

IF he has used so many runninbacks is because his feature runninback (bennet) was injured, his replacement (Onterrio Smith) was out 4 games or more for substance abuse, Moe Williams was more of a bruiser than anything, and Mewelde Moore well no one actually thinks he can be a full starter, so he played around between backs, but you cannot tell me that is how a Offensive Coordinator gameplans based on only one season. Bennet carried the load, and after him Moe Williams did in the 2003 season, at least until Onterrio got healthy, plus we should even go as back as what he did in Louisville, (i could not find the stats), he did use multiple runningbacks last year, and he will if that is going to help the team, but that does not mean that he will remove our best player of the field (if ronnie turns out to be that) basically because his style is to run different backs.

Very nice. I should have looked deeper into the numbers.

He will definatley break that record, I don't know by how much, but Im sure Ronnie will break it.

josephreese said:
Vikes' rushing yards last year from ESPN:

Smith 544
Culpepper 406
Moore 379
Bennett 276
Williams 161

A lot of RBs carried the load there, and though this was due in part to injury, I think it also speaks to the type of offense Linehan wants to run. Let's also factor in the huge question mark of our OL. If Brown rushes for 1200 yards this year, I'd be very surprised. This is not a knock on Brown's ability. It's just a comment on his environment.
Minny also had a QB with these stats and we don't. Not really a good team to compare running stats with. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133263

Unless RB gets hurt, I'd expect him to shatter that record by 300 yards or more

Depends on the number of carries. However, I expect the ypc to be much higher.

phillyphinphan said:
1200 yds for a rookie is NOT below average: Tomlinson (rookie) 1236 yds 3.6 pc 10 td Lewis (rookie) 1364 4.4 pc 6 td; Holmes (rookie) 1008 yds 4.3 pc 7 td; and last years rookie who was hailed for his first year accomplishments 1133 yds 4.7 pc 5 td, let's not expect TOO much from young ronnie 1200 to 1300 with a per carry of above 4.2 would be an excellent start to his career...

You forgot clinton portis! 1500+ yards at 5.5 yards per carry!

dolphinman23 said:
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]1,116[/size][/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Karim Abdul-Jabbar (1996), 3.6 per carry[/size][/font]
dunno, its gonna be tough

/end sarcasm

He'll beat that by at least 200 yards.

Back
Top Bottom