Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Roy Williams

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
I keep going back and fourth with my friend to who is better Larry Fitzgerald or Roy Williams? I say Roy Williams because he's stronger and faster but my friend says Larry because he is the better catcher and jumper. so how is better?

I like williams better too, but Fitz has the best hands..

LarryFinFan said:
I like williams better too, but Fitz has the best hands..

I would think that the hands are THE most important criteria for a WR. Afterall, if he ain't got the hands, the other skilz are moot, ya?

DeDolfan said:
I would think that the hands are THE most important criteria for a WR. Afterall, if he ain't got the hands, the other skilz are moot, ya?
Not really. Oronde Gadsen had great hands. Today, scouts say that Kevin Johnson has the best hands (from what I've read.) Obviously neither of those guys are or were stars. I think creating seperation is most important for a wide receiver. Of course, having great hands helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
LIQUID24 said:
Not really. Oronde Gadsen had great hands. Today, scouts say that Kevin Johnson has the best hands (from what I've read.) Obviously neither of those guys are or were stars. I think creating seperation is most important for a wide receiver.

I figured somone would jump on it. :lol: I was talking only of the two in a very generic way as in one could catch and the other couldn't [at all]. Based on that, all the separation/speed/route running in the world matters at all if he can't catch the ball. However, I will concede that separtation is the next best skill cuz if you can't separate, you ain't getting the ball anyway [to catch]!! :goof:

DeDolfan said:
I figured somone would jump on it. :lol: I was talking only of the two in a very generic way as in one could catch and the other couldn't [at all]. Based on that, all the separation/speed/route running in the world matters at all if he can't catch the ball. However, I will concede that separtation is the next best skill cuz if you can't separate, you ain't getting the ball anyway [to catch]!! :goof:

Roy Williams can catch maybe not you best catching WR but he can catch and he is explosive, all Larry can do is catch which means if you don't throw a long pass to him don't throw to him at all He's got no skill after the catch

LIQUID24 said:
Not really. Oronde Gadsen had great hands. Today, scouts say that Kevin Johnson has the best hands (from what I've read.) Obviously neither of those guys are or were stars. I think creating seperation is most important for a wide receiver. Of course, having great hands helps.

I agree. It really doen't matter how good your hands are if the DB is in your jock knocking the ball away. Or worse picking it off. Seperation is king and thats why the #s on wideouts mean so much less than game footage. Ask Boldin. :eek:

I'm a bit surprised that this keeps coming up as such a question. Larry is the man in my book. If he does end up in Arizona, they're going to be very scary for a long time just as long as they have a decent enough QB to get these guys the ball.

Gotta go with Pittsburgh native Larry Fitzgerald. Though Mike Williams is a friggin hoss with them one handed grabs, ALA Chris Chambers

I never meant that Roy couldn't catch, I just said that the scouting reports show that Fitz has softer hands. I think, from watching them, Fitz is an obviously more athletic and faster Oronde and Roy is more of a outside, up the field WR....They compare very closely to each other as far as all the tangibles.

Gotta go with fitzgerald cuz he has the same last name as me

I think i would choose size on this one and go with roy willaims a guy who can jump over someone and get the ball....

Back
Top Bottom