• Jason Allen

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Yeramiah Bell

Votes: 40 61.5%
  • they all suck

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters
Dolfan11 said:
Right now I think it's Yeramiah Bell with Will Allen a close second. I'm looking forward to seeing Jason Allen and Yeramiah Bell anchoring the saftey position for years to come, unless we can pick up...... Michael Lewis?

Yep yep. I agree that it's Bell with Allen a close second. They are both very physical players. Hopefully Allen can learn a little better how to converge on the ball in the air the way Bell does.

Who said Jason Allen was the best? I think he ranks about 5th or 6th.

1. Bell
2. Will Allen
3. Hill
4. Goodman tie
4. Daniels tie
6. And here is where Jason Allen comes in.

There's a reason he isn't starting.

Bell's our best safety. Allen and Goodman are about equal though with different strengths (Allen's a better tackler, and Goodman's a better cover guy). Travis Daniels is still hobbling a bit and he's above average at best. We don't really have a true cover guy at CB who can make plays and get the ints. Jason Taylor is tied for lead in ints and that's pretty odd.

I don't think will allen is our best tackler, it has to be hill. you don't see this kid miss tackels. will allen is a great tacker for a corner but not the best of the secondary

spydertl79 said:
Travis Daniels if he can ever stay healthy, Bell is good but makes some really bad plays.

What bad plays are those? The guy helped solidify the secondary once he was put in and has done a very good job since then.

I love Yermiah Bell BUT you can see at times his wreckless play can lead to negatives (the roughing the passer penalty on Sunday is a good example). He is not GREAT in run defense but his play making keeps him on the field. The guy just does things that change games.

I was calling Renaldo Hill "Mr. Late" for the first few weeks. He was reminding me of Brock Marion. The guy would get there half a step late. For the last half dozen games he's been doing everything you can expect a free safety to do. His level of play is the reason Jason Allen is a dime right now.

Will Allen would be a GREAT corner if the guy had any ball skills what so ever. He is good in coverage though but he does give up some plays. He's GREAT in run support though and has the wheels to make up for his mistakes.

Andre Goodman has been one of my favorite players this year. The guy is a very good cover corner. I think we stole one with him.

Travis Daniels still looks like he will end up being a safety to me. I don't think he has the speed to be a cover corner in the NFL.

Jason Allen looks like a keeper in my opinion. The guy has been learning 3 different positions and he held out. I think with an offseason of OTA's and a full training camp he'll be an impact player next year. The guy is just too athletic to not turn into a VERY good player.

I think if we get a TRUE #1 corner we'd have a scary secondary. You take Goodman and Allen and move them from #1 and #2 to #2 and #3 and add our improved safety play? That would be exciting. In the end though, I've felt pretty good about our secondary for most of the last half of the season and it bodes well for the future.

As of now its Will Allen. I think that with more playing time, Travis, J. Allen, and Y. Bell could all be great players. Travis has the size, Allen has the athletic ability and Bell has that special play making ability. If these guys develop and we some how land Leon Hall....:drool:

rob19 said:
As of now its Will Allen. I think that with more playing time, Travis, J. Allen, and Y. Bell could all be great players. Travis has the size, Allen has the athletic ability and Bell has that special play making ability. If these guys develop and we some how land Leon Hall....:drool:

I'm in aggreance with you Will Allen got my vote great tackler.

Back
Top Bottom