Who Is Our Superstar? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Is Our Superstar?

Cam is a star. Face of the franchise on D for years, ring of honor (most certainly), multiple all-pro/pro bowl/top 100. Casual fans know who he is and what he’s capable of.

I know the board as a whole is down on him lately but this guy gets surgeries mid season, returns and wreaks havoc. Generational pass rush talent.

no. less teams have a "star" than you think.

rams/chiefs/pats/saints...they have stars. giants have a few. even the cowboys in zeek. vikings, packers....bears now in mack...

you're probably about 50/50. dolphins assuredly do not have a star. would be nice, wouldn't it?

Gore but it doesn't show because of how bad the team is.

I have to admit, on a side note, I must have lived in a football hole when it came to Frank Gore because I knew he was pretty good but he's actually really good. He must have been something in his prime. I guess I didn't watch the niners much and even less of the shitty Colts teams he played for. I was definitely one (and I don't think I'm alone) who was laughing at he pundits ragging on us for having a 35 year old starting RB. I, like many, many others on here, thought Drake would be the clear cut starter and the pundits were complete idiots for considering Gore the starter. Guess what, the pundits were right about this one even if they did it based on name recognition.

I get it though. If our offense was better Gase may be willing to live with Drake's negative runs for the big play potential but our offense simply can't recover from a 3 to 5 yard loss. Gore never loses yardage, a negative run to Gore is a 0 - 2 yard gain.

I get it though. If our offense was better Gase may be willing to live with Drake's negative runs for the big play potential but our offense simply can't recover from a 3 to 5 yard loss. Gore never loses yardage, a negative run to Gore is a 0 - 2 yard gain.

See this makes no sense to me. I mean it would if our offense was actually producing, but it isnt, it's been pathetic. Gore may be more consistent, but it hasnt mattered, the offense has still been one of the worst in the league and we arent scoring. IMO we cant afford Not to have Drakes big play potential on the field. A few runs for a loss and a 60 yard TD is better than a bunch of minimal gains and kicking fg's or punting all game every game.

I have to admit, on a side note, I must have lived in a football hole when it came to Frank Gore because I knew he was pretty good but he's actually really good. He must have been something in his prime. I guess I didn't watch the niners much and even less of the ****ty Colts teams he played for. I was definitely one (and I don't think I'm alone) who was laughing at he pundits ragging on us for having a 35 year old starting RB. I, like many, many others on here, thought Drake would be the clear cut starter and the pundits were complete idiots for considering Gore the starter. Guess what, the pundits were right about this one even if they did it based on name recognition.

You don't realize how special Gore is until he is on your team and you watch every play. All the little wiggles where he senses the developing hole before it was there, or seemingly any reason to believe it would open up. Plus all the power and squirming extra effort to squeeze every last drop out of a play.

He's been like that throughout his career including in college. That's why Canes fans knew it all along.

There was no special secret to projecting Gore above Drake. It was mere normalcy. One has always been trusted with high volume carries and the other has never been trusted with high volume carries.

Besides, scatback oriented offenses are incredibly fragile. Sucker material. They look great one week and everyone projects nothing but prancing swing pass touchdowns ahead. Then it is taken away with a laugh.

20181120_143953.jpg Waiting for someone who has associated the word "Franchise" with Tannehill to step up and call him a star...

If you can't, in good faith, say that he's a star then you have effectively neutered all Tannehill/Franchise conversations.

The Dolphins haven’t had a superstar since JT retired. The closest you could get since then is probably Wake.

Pick one between 91, 94, 47, 29 and the 20

Unfortunately, none on offense without Wilson.

I have to admit, on a side note, I must have lived in a football hole when it came to Frank Gore because I knew he was pretty good but he's actually really good. He must have been something in his prime. I guess I didn't watch the niners much and even less of the ****ty Colts teams he played for. I was definitely one (and I don't think I'm alone) who was laughing at he pundits ragging on us for having a 35 year old starting RB. I, like many, many others on here, thought Drake would be the clear cut starter and the pundits were complete idiots for considering Gore the starter. Guess what, the pundits were right about this one even if they did it based on name recognition.

I knew how good he was simply because I always went for him on my fantasy teams back in his prime. I think I had him 4 or 5 seasons. Never disappointed. If not for fantasy football I wouldn’t have known much as I rarely watched them play.

Back
Top Bottom