Who is still worried about our o-line? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is still worried about our o-line?

Between players still to be released or signed (FA) and the draft I think we'll be fine.

im a little worried aswell ....i just hope they firgure somthing out so we dont have to end up going with a rookie on opening day again

Originally posted by ckparrothead

BTW don't be surprised to see St Claire at RG in some way.

I was wondering about this scenario asf well Parrot.
The tackle spots and interior line spots are vastly different.
He was a very good college Center so why not move him back inside? Maybe even a switch of St. Claire to Center and McKinney to Guard..... who knows.

I would be much happier with his signing if they did move St. Clair back inside and still brought in a starting caliber RT.

I think the left side of our offensive line will be much improved. If Wade Smith adds some muscle, he can be a solid LT. Jeno James will be a huge improvement at LG. However, we have three question marks on our line. McKinney has yet to prove much, we don't really have anyone capable of starting at RG, and McIntosh may not be 100% this season. I know his recovery time is 4-6 months, but even though the season doesn't start for another 6 months, the injury could still affect his play during the season if he plays (and I do think he will play). I think we need to definitely add another offensive linemen capable of starting. If we trade for Boston, then we should strongly consider taking Vernon Carey or Jake Grove in the first round.

Originally posted by jbond
not really. I think as a whole we will either be the same or better. I think

+ LT - Smith will be bigger and stronger and more experienced
+ LG - James is an improvement over Nails
/ C - Seth....took 1/2 the snaps last year anyways
- RG - jeman/yates/whitley......probably a downgrade
/ RG - St. Clair....strong run blocker for Ricky, not so hot at pass prot, as a whole probably same performance from him as Wade (but alot cheaper)

To me, 2 positions will be definitely stronger, 2 will remain neutral and only 1 (IMO) will be a possible downgrade.

That's just my take on it. So a slightly better line is what I see unless things work out where McIntosh can play the season and St. Clair moves to RG and that would be an improvement as well.

There is no F-ing way St.Clair is even close to Wade.Did you ever SEE St.Clair Play??...This guy sucks azz.

Rookie Lineman

Offensive Guards take less time to mature than Offensive Tackles!

Just a reminder we started 2 rookies on the left side in 1990 protecting none other than Dan Marino's right side and they did very well!

A rookie interior lineman is somewhat protected from mistakes by the center and tackle next to him and to a lesser degree the running backs.

Just a thought!

Back
Top Bottom