Who Is The Best NBA Coach? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Is The Best NBA Coach?

MikeO said:
1 year doesn't kill Browns resume :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Seriously people.

It didn't kill his resume I just think that Popovich has surpassed him.

djfresh47 said:
It didn't kill his resume I just think that Popovich has surpassed him.

Pop can pass him but Larry still in the discussion and still Top 3 or Top 4

Does it matter who is considered the best coach in the league? I think having a good GM is much more important than having a good coach in the NBA atleast. The NBA is a players league and without the players no coach is going to be successful. Phillip wouldn't of been successful without Jordan/Shaq, Pop wouldn't of been successful without Duncan. More than any sport besides probably baseball the NBA is a players league and the best run organizations are the most successful.

You are right....its a player's league. But some coaches are better than others at what they do, and there is no better platform to display coaching prowess than a 7 game series. I dont think you can rank coaches though.....different coaches master different things. Riley was a lousy coach just 2 years ago when he didnt have the players. Van Gundy came in and did a much better job with what he had. Conversly, I doubt Van Gundy could of done the job Riley did this year. Give Brown his players and he'll win a championship, as long as he doesnt trade them first. Give him the Knicks and he'll be the worst coach in the league.

Back
Top Bottom