Who is your favorite Phin??????????? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your favorite Phin???????????

Who is your favorite Phin?

• Z. Thomas

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • J. Taylor

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • O. Mare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Chambers

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • P. Surtain

• B. Marion

• D. Gardener

• J. Fiedler

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • T. Wade

• O. Gadsden

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • S. Madison

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
I understand that stuff but he just strikes me as such a cool guys off of the field. Not that Thomas or Chambers seems like mean guys

Jason Taylor is a great DE. Besides Strahan, he is the best overall DE in the NFL.

yeah,,,,,,,,,,,

Originally posted by dofnsman4303
I understand that stuff but he just strikes me as such a cool guys off of the field. Not that Thomas or Chambers seems like mean guys
but i think everybodies mind is on the field!:D

Taylor is the fastest DE in the league by far and one of the most athletic. Besides Strahan, you can't say any DE is better. Taylor can chase an RB, what other DE can do that. He works hard on every single play unlike Randy Moss and is also really strong.

Taylor Ruled in 2001.

Jevon Kearse is the fastest DE in the league. He can run a 4.3. But Taylor has got to be in the Top 5. John Abraham and Leonard Little are really fast too.

Originally posted by dolfan06
he just does't have the potential of a chambers and the heart of a thomas!:D

I disagree. Taylor fights to keep his playing weight in the 240-245 lbs range. And at that size, for Jason to have improved as much as he has against the run and put up the numbers he did in 2001 (86 tackles...over 30 more than the next closet DE), there is no question that he has Thomas' heart and work ethic, as well as Chambers potential.

IMO, Taylor was the Co-#1 DE in the NFL last year. Strahan might have gotten the sack record, but Taylor played a much better all-around game with much less size. Teams could not run at Jason Taylor in 2001.

At LE, Strahan lines up against the least athletic/talented man on the line. Put him at RE with Jason and his sack total declines (much like what happened to Jevon Kearse). He might not have Chambers' ideal size for his position, but Taylor has almost the same type of athletic ability for his position. And he has already realized his potential because he is at the top of the hill at his position.

Predictably enough...

... I voted ZT.

The goal line stands against Atlanta epitomise the value he can bring to a game.

I'd love to have an offensive hero but Dan Marino's don't come around often enough (though I expect Chambers to transition to a hero figure quite soon).

I won't mention Jay, 'cos he generates mass debate every time his name appears :lol:

Jason Taylor gets my vote. He's a great player that plays with a lot of intensity. They didn't think JT could hold up to the constant banging with the OL. He leads DE in tackles and is a top tier DE in sacks. No other DE can run a running back down from behind coming from the other side of the field like JT can. This guy never gives up.

I can't believe I'm the only one who voted for JT so far. DAMN!
:D

Back
Top Bottom