Who made the move to grab Randy??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who made the move to grab Randy???

LithoMan said:
Wasnt my first choice, but i am impressed with his staff he has built. Still the big D guy, as evidenced by his draft, but none-the-less, still am impressed. His only downfall for me has been his draft so far. And, we just got Randy, so now I am totally on board. Hopefully he will just shut his pie hole, and let Randy do his job.

Didn't Jim Bates say that this team needed more help on defense than offense?? Not that the offense was outperforming the D. But Bates recognized the amount of young talent on offense was much greater than that of the defense.

Just look at our nucleus entering draft week. Zach will be 32. JT will be 31. Madison is 31. Surtain turns 29 this month (now gone altogether). Seau is 36. Kevin Carter will be 32 (you can question that move). Timbo is 32 and going to retire. Chester turns 30 and might also retire. We had absolutely zero at safety.

Meanwhile our oldest offensive lineman is 28. Randy McMichael is 25. Chris Chambers is 26. Marty Booker is 28. David Boston is 26. We drafted Brown who's 23. Feeley is 27 (not saying he's the answer). The offense is a little bit less of a worry (age and talentwise).

Anyway, I think this was 100% Saban's call. Wayne has given him total control. And to this point he's called all the shots. Why would something this big be any different??

Muck said:
Didn't Jim Bates say that this team needed more help on defense than offense?? Not that the offense was outperforming the D. But Bates recognized the amount of young talent on offense was much greater than that of the defense.

Just look at our nucleus entering draft week. Zach will be 32. JT will be 31. Madison is 31. Surtain turns 29 this month (now gone altogether). Seau is 36. Kevin Carter will be 32 (you can question that move). Timbo is 32 and going to retire. Chester turns 30 and might also retire. We had absolutely zero at safety.

Meanwhile our oldest offensive lineman is 28. Randy McMichael is 25. Chris Chambers is 26. Marty Booker is 28. David Boston is 26. We drafted Brown who's 23. Feeley is 27 (not saying he's the answer). The offense is a little bit less of a worry (age and talentwise).

Anyway, I think this was 100% Saban's call. Wayne has given him total control. And to this point he's called all the shots. Why would something this big be any different??

Exactly. In Fact, if Wayne went over his Nick's head on this one and got Mueller. I am 100% certain youd be hearing "Nick Saban Resigns!" allover the news right now.

Nick is the man in charge, simple. He obviously has been in contact with him for a while. Randy Mueller said the best player in the draft, and his favorite player was Ronnie Brown.

Got to wonder if this was already planned out and all they were waiting on was Randy Muller to ok the deal. Then, they got the word late thurs, early friday it is see ya Rick, dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. This does sound a tad fishy but Randy is an upgrade in the front office.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
MAN I THOUGHT WE HAD ONE OF THE BETTER DRAFTS OF ANY TEAM WE HAVE LIKE 3 PROJECTED FIRST ROUNDERS . :confused:

Me too, but I'm willing to hear his side.

I'm pretty sure Nick Saban was the one that hired Randy Mueller, or at least I would think it was his choice. Whether he did the actual hiring or not I bet it was all his decision, but yeah I also think he did the hiring as well.

LithoMan said:
You bethca! Randy is a my way or the highway type of GM. He stocks the team for the coach to coach. if it was Saban, good for him, he knew he wasn't prepard for the GM duites, as evidenced by his draft, and sought help, or Wayne saw Saban's moves as ignorant, and got him some help. But, the NFL doesnt hire the help, that is correct, but they do "help" an owner make the right moves. Especially with as much turnoil as we have had the last two years, and being one of the brightest stars in their organization.

what are you on?

Randy is ment to be our "Scott Pioli". The guy who takes care of the bulk of the personnel work. He will handle that department, with Saban having the final veto or green light decision about a player. I'm sure Randy sees how well this works in NE, and wants to be in on the gound floor when when this franchse becomes a dynasty.

You don't honestly think Wayne and Saban didn't outline exactly what Mueller's responsibilities before he was hired, do you?

Muck said:

I couldn't have said it any better!

Redvs.Blue Phin said:
Randy is ment to be our "Scott Pioli". The guy who takes care of the bulk of the personnel work. He will handle that department, with Saban having the final veto or green light decision about a player. I'm sure Randy sees how well this works in NE, and wants to be in on the gound floor when when this franchse becomes a dynasty.

You don't honestly think Wayne and Saban didn't outline exactly what Mueller's responsibilities before he was hired, do you?
Exactly, I wish there were a few people around here who would understand that last point you made. Especially Litho. It is nice having him being the 1st one on my ignore list though. Some of the stuff he was saying(mainly the point about the NFL hiring Mueller!?!) is off the wall.

Muck said:

i didn't know marty booker was only 28. i thought he was in his mid thirties for some reason. that makes me really like the ogunleye trade. i've always like booker from when he played w/ chicago. hopefully he will start to like miami more once he settles in and saban turns the ship around. i think linehan will have a lot of 3rd down plays going to booker which will be nice.

Back
Top Bottom