Who needs a guard? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who needs a guard?

And we should care. Ed Perry is our LS when he gets back. Jeno James is my preference.

Wade Smith- athlethic
James- Mauler
McKinney- athlethic
Healthy Nails- Mauler
Maybe Adam Meadows as he will be cut- Athlethic(great pass blocker, solid run)

Bennie Anderson would only cost us a draft pick if they tendered him as a one. Which they won't. He was undrafted so no draft pick would be owed if low tendered.

Jeno James and Anderson would be nice.

Remember we'd have to re-sign Nails to get him back. Why not just sign someone better instead if the money is even relatively close.

Because Nails was very good when he was healthy and weighed a reasonable amount. This is a low risk, high gain situation with Nails.

No, it's not. Nails sucked last year so much that he was called out for it. There is ZERO guarantee he'll ever be the same.

It is not even close to a low risk high reward situation.

It's a high risk, low reward situation to bring him back to be a starter and expect him to be better. BTW, Nails weighed less this year than last year according to coaches in training camp.

acl is a two year injury, worked his *** off to make the team and earned a spot as a pro bowl alternate, could have been a starter if more people knew about him... i think he should get another shot, re-sign him

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Doesnt he just have problems as a Long Snapper?

Yeah, I know he had problems snapping out of the shotgun. I don't think he was too bad when the QB was under center.

It wasn't an ACL. It was an Achilles Tendon tear.

As far as Woody goes, it's not that he can long snap. He can't shotgun snap. That's why they moved him to guard.

I dont think you understand what I'm saying here.

Nails is probabaly not going to be expensive. We're not going to be risking a ton of money on him if he doesnt come back from injury. Hence it being low risk.

If he's mediocre this year, ok then. But if he pans out, we've got a mauler type guard for next to nothing. He's not going to draw a whole hell of alot of interest as a Free Agent. In fact, he wants to be back here.

No one expected Nails to play like he did in 2002 this season. He looked pretty good in camp, but still.

yea, Nails was a monster last season, and now that hes had time to work back from his achilles tear and the knee surgeries he had (i heard that he'd had both his knees operated on, not sure of that tho) theres a pretty good chance he returns to form as that giant mauler in the middle we had last year. He'll come cheap, so why not take a risk?

Place him at RG. It is not much of a risk position. If he fails Whitley, Nails, or Jerman, or maybe even a rookie we draft this year can play there.

RG just has to be a good run blocker and it you have a not so good one it ain't that big of a deal as say a RT or a LG.

Because why take a risk if you can sign a proven player who will also be a mauler and is close to being guaranteed good instead of hoping to be good.

Nails should re-signed IMO ONLY as a backup and not to come in and start for the team next year. Nails was truly a turnstyle in pass protection this year and also allowed his share of DT to charge right by him to make plays in the backfield.

I'm ready for new blood.

I'm ready for Yates to start. He was damn good when he was playing. Whitley can still make up for doing nothing. And Jerman looked much better than expected.

The backups on this team looked far more impressive than the starters.

Next year once McKinney finally master the line calls, he will take over at C. No more stupid holding penalties by Perry and Ruddy, and no more DTs coming right at our QB.

Bennie Anderson is a stud...

Back
Top Bottom