Who played football beyond middle school.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who played football beyond middle school..

I played Safety and Wide Receiver in High School, started my Junior and Senior seasons, and Played SS on the baseball team.. I got a baseball scholarship to Ga. Southern and I walked onto the FB team played 2 seasons but never started. I started at SS on the baseball team and my Junior season I tore my rotator cuff throwing out a runner at first base.. that was that.. continued my education, but gave up the athletics other than casual..

I played 4 yrs of HS football. I played all 4 positions on the O-line except center and also played DE and was the captain SR year. Then I went on to a D3 college and got lost in the shuffle of the 100+ players on the team. It wasn't in my heart anymore so I retired, a week before training camp, Just like Ricky!

Man, reading some of these posts I realize how crappy and easy it is to get hurt. Injuries have probably kept some of the best athletes from ever making it.

For me it was more the women, beer, and chicken wings....then just getting lazy.

I dont play football but i am sort of an assitant coach for the High School football team.

Played 2 years in High school as TE and DE(rarely).

I now coach a 11-13 year old team in the spring and 7-9 year old group in the fall. I try to teach them everything they can handle about fundamentals and teamwork. As for chemistry I am one that believes that that comes with winning/playing together. We don't get to pick our players, we get them either through a draft or pre-assigned. So I can't pick players that "have good chemistry" I have to develop it every year. In my opinion it is winning that does it the fastest, then playing together.

PhinDude88 said:
I dont play football but i am sort of an assitant coach for the High School football team.

16 and an assistant coach. Boy you got in the "good ole boys club" farly early. Stick with it by the time your 30 you'll have your own high school team and be looking at going to college.

awing_pilot said:
16 and an assistant coach. Boy you got in the "good ole boys club" farly early. Stick with it by the time your 30 you'll have your own high school team and be looking at going to college.

I dont really get to do anything except making sure the players are doing what they are suppose to be doing in a play. When i go off to college i am hoping to be a assitant coach there.

i started on the high school team every year from 8th grade through 12th grade. I played fullback, guard, MLB, and defensive end. I was all conference my senior year playing Guard one vote away from all state but i was too small to play D1 5'9 225 lbs. and since i got a academic full ride to University of Mississippi i took them up on it.

Back
Top Bottom