"Who reminds you of who?" Draft Prospect - Player Comparison Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Who reminds you of who?" Draft Prospect - Player Comparison Thread

Harrison: Marquez Valdes Scantling
Odunze: Devante Parker, Austin Pettis
Nabers: Jamarr Chase
Brian Thomas: Jordan Matthews
Mitchell: Emmanuel Hall
McConkey: Tre Nixon
Franklin; Dyami Brown
Legette: Gary Jennings
Coleman: Michael Thomas
Worthy: Titus Young, Henry Ruggs
Roman Wilson: Emmanuel Sanders, Jayden Reed.

I don’t think he is as good as Monk, but stylistically they are similar. BTJ has rare size/speed like Monk or Moss. I see him as a guy who has a lot of games with 3 catches 60 yards and a TD, a true big play threat.

The comp I've seen for Brian Thomas that I most agree with is Martavious Bryant. He was a big play threat #2 WR, but his route tree never developed enough for him to become a #1.

Bryant ran a 4.42. Thomas ran a 4.33. It is a different gear.

Bryant ran a 4.42. Thomas ran a 4.33. It is a different gear.
I just don't agree that being about a step faster in a straight line is all that big of a difference in the NFL. History has taught us that route running and separation are far more important variables.

I agree to be a great WR like Jefferson you have to be a great route runner, but 6-3, 200 pound receivers running a 4.3 are very rare. They are an automatic big play waiting to happen. Name me some 6-3 200 pound receivers running sub 4.35. Show me the precedent.

D K Metcalf wasn’t a great route runner either, but that size, speed still makes him a threat.

Last edited:
Franklin; Dyami Brown

Yikes

Brock Bowers = HIM AKA a whole new level at the TE position. A 1/1. A class of his own.

I hear he is already being fitted for his gold jacket.

I agree to be a great WR like Jefferson you have to be a great route runner, but 6-3, 200 pound receivers running a 4.3 are very rare. They are an automatic big play waiting to happen. Name me some 6-3 200 pound receivers running sub 4.35. Show me the precedent.

D K Metcalf wasn’t a great route runner either, but that size, speed still makes him a threat.
Off the top of my head w/o researching, Troy Williamson, Darius Heyward Bey, Matt Jones, Kevin White, Charles Rogers. I'm sure there's more. I'm not saying Thomas will be one of those guys, but there have been many big, fast WRs that busted b/c they never developed their route running. It's not as rare as you think. In fact, the guys like DK Metcalf who do develop actually are rare.

Player comps are always about body types or play styles. It's never about saying they will have the same career as another player.

For me:
Verse-Chubb
Latu-Phillips
Barton-Zach Tom
Brian Thomas-a faster Davante Parker
McConkey-Welker
Roman Wilson-Pacua Nacua
Kiran Amegadjie - Terron Armstead (or Austin Jackson if not so charitable)

Off the top of my head w/o researching, Troy Williamson, Darius Heyward Bey, Matt Jones, Kevin White, Charles Rogers. I'm sure there's more. I'm not saying Thomas will be one of those guys, but there have been many big, fast WRs that busted b/c they never developed their route running. It's not as rare as you think. In fact, the guys like DK Metcalf who do develop actually are rare.
Kevin White fits. Bey is 6-2. Matt Jones didn’t break 4.35. Neither did Williamson.

You found one guy that 6-3 over 200 running 4.35. Now did he have 17 TDs his Junior year in college?
:shoo:

I’ll give you another one that fits, Randy Moss.

Last edited:
Franklin; Dyami Brown
So do you have Nabers as the #1 WR in the draft? .... I do.

Back
Top Bottom