Who sholud I like for GM and why? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who sholud I like for GM and why?

dabeastdabone

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Okay I'll admit I know near nothing of the names being tossed around. But just doing a quick once over on them I see.

Lake Dawson is currently the Vice President of Football Operations for the Titans. Why is this impressive?

Ray Farmer is Assistant GM of the Browns. I couldn't find any information on how long he has been there but the Browns a currently the worse ran team in the league. Is hiring Farmer a wise move? Additionally the most recent "Ryan Leaf" poor draft pick was Trent Richarson, was Farmer around for that?

Brian Gaine has Five years with the Dolphins, three with the Cowboys and six scouting for the Jets. He hasn't been the guy making the calls but those are so pretty poor teams.

Did I miss a candidate?

Dennis Hickey has a long record but all in Tampa and reached the position of Director of player personnel for three years. He was part of the Bucs for 18 years including the Super Bowl year but then filling a lesser job.

Ok, I will say this that whoever is chosen deserves the opportunity to succeed and I will trust it is a good hire. However, sitting where we sit now why are we looking at guys who are in organizations that really, truthfully, are in bigger messes than the Dolphins?

Someone convince me one of these guys are must have guys. Convince me, with evidence, they are better at the GM postion than Irelan (BTW I hated Ireland so this isn't about him).

Pointless to really pick a favoured cnadidate over a paragraph... the problem is they are all unproven including farmer... his name rose in the media but who has he ever drafted? Hes never even scouted college. Farmer was no sure thing, none of these guys are.

The only candiate I ever really wanted was tom gamble.

Right now I hope gaine gets the job.... simply because a lot of people who I respect (who mostly didnt rate ireland) have a lot of respect for him.

Back
Top Bottom