who should be our #3 wr? ward or mcknight | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who should be our #3 wr? ward or mcknight

Ideally, it would be McKnight. Good size, quicks, route-running. Excellent speed. He gets open and can make it happen after the catch. He just needs to concentrate all the way through the catch.

It is way to early to tell. Ward hopefully will be over his foot injury when he rejoins the team on Mon. This could be one of the better battles in camp, but seems to get less important every day Norv is here. The last 2 years we only threw to the WRs, but that is not the case this season. Mcmichael, Weaver, RW, minor, and Konrad are going to see alot of passes making the 3rd and 4th WR almost invisable.

Originally posted by Sherif
McKnight. He's open more. Just throw the ball to him and he won't drop it. But he's not much for the acrobatic catch. But he usually has alot of separation. Marino would have made Mcknight a 1000 yd receiver easy.

I agree with ya JD, Ward should get his chance. His injuries have left him out of a few games but he still bounced back in the clutch. that says to me that he is a better football player. he is just as fast, and he gets just as open. but being open doesnt mean a thing unless you catch the damn ball!!!! at the very least, what can happen? ward lights a fire under mcdrops butt and he then starts to concentrate more on catching the damn ball!! Norv Turner wont put up with it like Wannny does. this is norvs offense!

I have said this before, but how does dropping 2 balls make you earn the name Mcdrops? The guy led the team in receptions for christ sakes. I honestly can't remember another droped pass besides the 2 that were picked off. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

I say let Ward be the 3rd guy. He is the closest thing to an OJ type reciever we have on the team. Not so much in loks, but in effectiveness, and production.

McDrops is probably the better athlete, but who cares about all that crap? D. Ward was clutch last year. He is a chain-mover, a first down-maker. If he stays healthy, I see at least 45-50 catches from him.

Now, I still feel that Norv will utilize McDrop, but he will have to pick and choose his spots more. Unless, he can suddenly become consistent and hold on to the ball, and then, we could be very dangerous. Imagine McDrop going against the other teams 4th best DB on fly patterns at least 2 or 3 times a game.

I am dissapointed that wanny named OG the #2 reciever. He preaches competition, but then does that!!! After Chambers he should have left it wide open.

Well, he DOES nedd to have somebady lined up on the other side as the starter. I don't recall Wanny saying that there will be no competition for the job.

Yeah Wanny never said he was guaranteed to keep the job. BTW, OG has looked MUCH better than McDrops so why shouldn't he be starting until someone proves to be a better player?

Someone please give me a legitamit reason why you call him mcdropps!

:monkey: On getting the nickname mcdropps because of 2 drops in 16 games

Originally posted by Dajesus
Someone please give me a legitamit reason why you call him mcdropps!

:monkey: On getting the nickname mcdropps because of 2 drops in 16 games
it was more than that - see http://www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost/epaper/editions/tuesday/sports_d3f484dc159fa039007f.html

i.e.
McKnight had one of his best seasons in 2001 -- the 55 catches were a career high, and the 684 receiving yards was his second most -- but he also struggled at times. There were several other drops, he was second on the team with three fumbles and his 12.4-yard per-catch average seems low considering his speed, even in former coordinator Chan Gailey's conservative offense.

if it is 3rd or 4th down and we have only 3 WRs on the field, no doubt go with Ward, he does remind a bit of OJ - clutch. I have not given up on McK it is not like the tools aren't there - it is more a mental or technique thing. You cannot teach being to fast to cover and getting separation so we need to get McK snaps in case he is pushed into starting lineup due to injuries; but I would rather see Ward getting in on 3rd downs anyday.

Back
Top Bottom