• Forfeit our draft for Ben/Eli

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Drew Hensen

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Later round Pick like Schaub

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sage

• Some teams current backup (ex: Volek, Feeley, Mcmahon, etc...)

• Wait til a future draft to find one

• Total voters
if we sign Brunnell (how many years ?) and I am assuming we have done this before the draft , we need to get a #2 w/NFL experience (Jay or Griese cheap w/b nice) to compete ag Sage and then our late rounder (my vote) w/b there for the future if he was worth more than Sage as proved in camp and PS

Originally posted by dolphan39
then our late rounder (my vote) w/b there for the future if he was worth more than Sage as proved in camp and PS

Late rounder? :sceptic:

I like the idea, of signing Brunell and trading for Henson. Henson would be no different as far as question marks than the other draftees. The only exception is that he had more upside and considered a surefire hit coming out of college. His only knock now would be rust after not playing under center for such a long time.

henson would likely be redrafted, houston doesnt have much power, if they dont sign him then he gets to reenter the draft and hell likely get a better pay day since hell be drafted anywhere from the 2nd to 4th round

no thanks on dinwiddie

Oh, cool. Didn't know that about Henson's draft status. Is there a deadline or something? Would you think Houston would know this and sign him to trade him on draft day?

I chosen Rivers I watched him all through his college career I know what he is capable of he is NFL material. I don't Know much about Henson but I know he has been out a while plus he has a passion for Baseball. He don't act like he is interested in football. As for Eli and Ben that would be a big chance to give up players and draft picks to draft Ben or Eli. Especially when Rivers or Losman will be around the 20th pick. I don't see Miami trading to do that but you never know.

actually, his failure to break into the majors has prompted Henson to reconsider his future. He is now interested in playing football. I know because I'm a Yankee fan and the Yanks are moving on without him. He is foolhardy if he sticks with baseball, I'm sure he'll consider playing football more in the coming months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be willing to bust the bank for Eli. I just think the it's really hard to pass up a player who has a chance of being as good as his older brother. But if he flopped.....I still say he's worth an O-gun, Madison package as O-gun is out of here in a year anyway. It's a pipe dream..but DAMN i want the kid.

Other than that, I'm all for signing brunelle (he's only a 2-3 year fix guys, you have to look beyond that as well, or we'll be caught in this exact situation 3 years down the road) and picking up Rivers late. If we get rid of Ogun and get a high draft pick (rumors about the texans) I would be willing ot use it on Roth. But then again, why not just throw in an old CB to bump up a few spots to Eli.

Originally posted by Graythreat
But then again, why not just throw in an old CB to bump up a few spots to Eli.

because, though i am not high on that old cb either, we dont have a backup.. cant leave tbuck out there for the whole year, hes not fast enough, and we know jamar isnt the answer, id be all for it if we could sign champ bailey or chris mcalister but its all highly unlikely, just have mad restructure, hes still a top corner in the nfl, and hes our #2, so it's worth it to keep him.

You can't trade a guy with that much signing bonus when will you all understand that.

You guys can all forget about packasing Madison and O-Gun or whatever other dreams some of you are coming up with. It's just not realistic.
Madison's contract is too big and nobody is gonna trade a top 10 pick to take it on. He'll either be restructured or cut.
As for O-Gun...he could depart because we may not be able to match a big contract offer. And though in that case we'd get a 1st and 3rd..I don't see the FO packaging picks to move up and take Manning or R-Berger. With 2 picks in the 1st and 2 in the 3rd, they could fill a lot of other holes.
I think they'd take a QB (Rivers for the future hopefully) and WR (Woods would be nice) in the 1st and go OL with the two 3rd rouders.
But that's just my opinion. :D

im with you on that draft scenario green fin, it'd be nice if it worked out... what would be even better is if houston takes ogun, which is a possibility, then we trade the 10th pick for a later 1st round and a second rounder, that way we can still get rivers and woods, but have a second rounder and 2 thirds to work on the Oline/depth elsewhere (S/CB/LB)

If we can get 1 of thoses 3 at qb Ben Eli or Rivers I will not complain I am not that picky I think they will be close in comparison in the NFL not sure no body knows. For all I know is David Greene could be in the late rounds an become even better than them an one of the best ever you never know. That is the neat thing about the draft. I am just tired of wasted picks in the draft we need a qb or a good pick that could really help the team win. I am tired of picking players I have never heard of.

Back
Top Bottom