Who should be the GM next year ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should be the GM next year ?

Who should be the GM next year.?

• Keep R.Speilman as GM .

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • Hire another unspecified GM.(Write in votes)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Hire Scott Pioli to be the new GM

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Hire Randy Mueller to be GM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CrunchTime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Ok.Lets say we have a mediocre season and that Dave gets fired.Do we want R.Speilman to remain as the GM.? Personally I dont think so.Rick is a novice in the job and may not get the respect or interest from any potential coaches we may be interested in.I really believe that success is built from the top.It would be smarter and more prestigeous to hire someone who has a proven track record such as Muller ,Pioli or other top GMs that may be available.So here is a poll and please explain your views on the subject.

Rick's draft looks special and the free agents he picked up all have a place on this team. I'll take Rick without Dave thankyou very much.

I'm not sure, I'd like to see who becomes available first before letting Rick go somewhere else. He's a part of this team now, and he needs more time to do his job to it's fullest...

I also think Rick is just scratching the surface of his GM abilities, and will eventually make an excellent GM for someone be it Miami or not. I like his decisions thus far in Miami, but he's also had some bad luck along the way. He'll learn from this, and he'll move on. Right now is when he needs to shine...

I have no problem with Wayne sticking with R. Speilman as Phinz GM. :evil:

PHINZ RULE!!!

ricks done a great job.we had a great draft.the only thing he did that i think was stupid was the 2nd round pick for feely.wanny needs to go for sure.keep rick.

I think Spielman did a fine job. Not his fault the off-season went sour. He made some good moves to upgrade our offense. Feeley is starting to look like he could be an ok starter.

I'd keep Rick and let Rick choose a new HC and let the new HC pick a new DC and OC. I'd like Trestman to stick around and maybe he can be promoted to OC or even HC.

Regardless, Spielman has done a good job. We just got all the tough breaks.

I don't agree with all of Rick's moves but overall I think he has done a pretty good job. It isn't his fault that Ricky retired and it isn't his fault that Boston got injured. He put together a pretty good roster and I think this draft will turn out to be a good one.

One year amid all the turmoil the Phins have faced is not sufficient to judge Spielman's ability. Give him a coach that can use the players he selects and see how he does. Or at least give him another year or two to prove he can continue to select good players. After that, if his mistakes outweigh his successes then dump him.

Oh lord... Spielman hasn't even had a chance to put a team on the field and people want to replace him aready. I think Rick did a damn good job drafting, and picking people up. He can't go out there and make sure they don't get injured. If you this Scott Pioli or anyone else can... then sure, lets replace him. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom