Who should be the starting QB In your opinion? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should be the starting QB In your opinion?

Who should be the starter?

• Jay Fiedler

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • Ray Lucas

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
Jay vs Ray

With all due respect to Ray Lucas, and as much as I don't like Jay Fiedler, Jay should be the starter. If Norv Turner's system and the defense keeps Jay from having to play in extreme pressure settings Jay will do fine. It is when he tries to make things happen Jey gets in trouble. No one should lose their starting job to injury.

Fiedler is a guy who evokes alot of emotion. Some fan once said,"one minute I want to punch him in the mouth the next munuts I want to buy him a drink." Our record over the last two years is good but Jay has been inconsistant. I'm a REALLY hardcore lifelong fan and when he throws a pick God only knows what my blood pressure skyrockets to,I just freak out!! In the best interest of the team I say lets get behind Jay 100% in Norv"s new system and see how he does when the ballgames are for real. I think once healthy he will prosper in the new sysytem and play much smarter. The difference maker will be Norv. He has a great track record for getting the very most out of the quarterbacks strengths that he has worked with in the past. Let's cross our fingers , take a deep breathe and cut Fiedler some slack

I must have missed this thread. Gee and I thought there wasn't any doubt that Jay should most definitely be our starter...

Lets see if he builds on what he did in the 2nd half of 2001...when he threw 11 TDs and 5 picks...three of which in a game where we were getting our @sses HANDED to us by the 49ers as they pounded the ball on us relentlessly, we never got any running success to speak of even though the 49ers played a cover two type D and their front 7 just stifled our RBs. If we were gonna win, it would have to be because of a fast and loose runnin gunslingin Jay Fiedler tryin to be Dan Marino...and I do remember that at least 2 of the 5 picks in the 2nd half of the year, were not his fault.

The key, he was standing longer in the pocket, taking an occasional sack rather than locking in and throwing to his hot read not paying attention to whether the guy's covered (see Anthony Dorsett interception for TD against Oakland, see Sedrick Hodge interception against New Orleans last week).

Jay should remain the starter until he doesn't deserve it. Just because he's struggled in Pre-Season, doesn't mean he will once the season starts....

Jay is the man, but we should also be very thankful to have a back-up like R. Lucas.

PHINZ RULE!!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I must have missed this thread. Gee and I thought there wasn't any doubt that Jay should most definitely be our starter...

Lets see if he builds on what he did in the 2nd half of 2001...when he threw 11 TDs and 5 picks...three of which in a game where we were getting our @sses HANDED to us by the 49ers as they pounded the ball on us relentlessly, we never got any running success to speak of even though the 49ers played a cover two type D and their front 7 just stifled our RBs. If we were gonna win, it would have to be because of a fast and loose runnin gunslingin Jay Fiedler tryin to be Dan Marino...and I do remember that at least 2 of the 5 picks in the 2nd half of the year, were not his fault.

The key, he was standing longer in the pocket, taking an occasional sack rather than locking in and throwing to his hot read not paying attention to whether the guy's covered (see Anthony Dorsett interception for TD against Oakland, see Sedrick Hodge interception against New Orleans last week).

I totally agree..The man has learned a number of O's in the last 4 years..Come off surgury and go 11-5, first year with us had a shoulder injury so bad had to hand off right handed..and still won a playoff game...11-5 second year, this time without a run game..still passed his way to victory..to include 5 comebacks..this year..surgury,, a little behind in TC..trying to get the physical moving with the mental..not all the way there yet...Mmmm...New O...Mmmm 2 full contact practices...And we're calling for a replacement....boy how loyal are the fans to him...or should I say, how can inform fans, call for this, when they know what hes going though..If you've never played football, I quess I can understand...But if you've had a hip problems..spain your ankle..hurt a knee...then you know it's hard to do things on it..lest more should we say, surgury...I don't care what Jay says, he's feeling the effects of that surgury..He can't throw hard and he knows it..You have step off and turn your hips to get good velocity...I know, I played QB..hurt my leg and couldn't throw hard to save my life..Once it started to feel real good and I didn't feel pain..boom I was firing the ball again..but as long as that pain was there..I took it easy on the throws, even though I could run..You mentally change things when pain is involved..Jay will be Okay.

Back
Top Bottom