Who thinks Jay will be rushed back? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who thinks Jay will be rushed back?

Originally posted by Typ0
When your main QB goes down you've got to have someone at least that isn't going to go in and look like the Boob Lucas has looked like. As far as Fiedler being good I think the Jury is still out on him. I'm not saying he's bad but not sure he has turned the corner to the top eichelon of NFL quarterbacks nor might he ever. It's just not clear if he's a guy you can put a lot of weight on his shoulders.

Top echelon of QBs? Do you know what you are saying??!!

There are only 2-3 QBS in that TOP ECHELON! Nobody has stated that Jay will be at the top. As most have said, Jay is a good QB, not superior to all others.

I'm sorry, but this is the typical Marino fan blindness that permeates a lot of Dolphin fans. You really have to realize that Marino is gone and it will be a cold day in hell if we ever get or even pursue someone of his caliber again!

There is no jury that is still out on Jay. He isn't a new QB with no history. A football fan of good intelligence knows what a Jay Fiedler will give you. Give it a rest already!!!

I disagree Superman because if Fiedler comes back in and leads you to a lot of wins and a championship he will reach the upper echelon of current QB's. The opportunity is there for him. He's looked good for the past two seasons and done a lot to secure victories for the Dolfins. He just hasn't shown the drive every single week to move to the next level. It doesn't matter how flashy you are it's can you make the sytem work for you all the time. Fiedler hasn't been able to do this despite having excellent talent behind him for the past two seasons. The crux is your FO cut corners at the QB position and now Fiedler is hurt--your going to have to fight a lot harder now to get favorable playoff appearences. The Fiedler story is yet to be written.

Jay will be back in time for December. You have to hope Lucas will play better at New York. I think he will since thats where he had better starts. He will play more comfortable. But I'm not sure if that will be enough with his confidence down the way it is. If he turns the ball over the Jets will smell blood.

Jay will have to work hard in December and hope he doesn't bang his thumb again. December is critical for the whole division. Looks like a foot race. There is no choice but to play Jay when he is released. There are no luxaries this late in the season.

With Lucas the way he's playing, the defense needs to step it up. Cause turnovers and score. If not, then I'm sorry to say your team is one dimensional. O, and one other thing. Revenge is sweet.

Typ0.....do you consider Trent Dilfer to be in the upper echelon of QBs?? After all, he led Baltimore to 11 straight wins and a Super Bowl title off the bench.

Are saying that any QB who accomplishes what you described will have reached the upper echelon?? Or are you talking about Fiedler in particular??

Also, I disagree with the "excellent talent" statement. Jay had no offensive line or running game last year. They year before that he had no WRs and his arms were literally falling off.

This year, however, he has done a solid job. Was improving every week.

Miami has fielded a good team the past two seasons. The days of having the best players at all positions are gone. Fiedler has done very well at times and helped the team win. There have been other performances where he gave games away. He needs to not do that.

As far as Dilfer goes he is in the same situation. He's injured and can't play. If he were to play and get the lowly Seahawks a playoff berth or even near one it would make a strong case for his being one of the better QB's in the league right now because he would have proved he can consistently win games. What I am saying is one good season does not make a top QB. Plus Dilfer has a long history of being mediocre. Fiedler has been a part of a winning team for several seasons. He has worked at his game and improved along the way. The question with him is how far can he go. I believe Fiedlers QB rating is ten percentage points higher than Dilfer's and he's much younger in his career.

Originally posted by inFINSible
They better be chiseling the cast off his arm right now or at least fitting it with a ball holding device........

Guys just tell me this.....

Was Ray Lucas not driving this team extremely well in the first period? 2 drives that went into Pack territory and would have ended up in points without 2 fumbles.
The guy was playing fine.... the rest of the team flubbed up.

Nothing in the 1st half was his fault. So at this point Jay and Ray are at least dead even in this game.

Now are you honestly going to tell me that you think Jay would have carried this team enough to overcome a 17 point deficit in Green Bay, with 32 degree weather, with no blocking, no running game, and with a defense that Favre and co. made a joke of?

Do we want Jay back.... of course but he would'nt have made a difference last night.

Originally posted by Trekbiz
Guys just tell me this.....

Was Ray Lucas not driving this team extremely well in the first period? 2 drives that went into Pack territory and would have ended up in points without 2 fumbles.
The guy was playing fine.... the rest of the team flubbed up.

Nothing in the 1st half was his fault. So at this point Jay and Ray are at least dead even in this game.

Now are you honestly going to tell me that you think Jay would have carried this team enough to overcome a 17 point deficit in Green Bay, with 32 degree weather, with no blocking, no running game, and with a defense that Favre and co. made a joke of?

Do we want Jay back.... of course but he would'nt have made a difference last night.

I definately disagree.

Although I know Ray did well in the first half and I have defended his positives in that Green Bay game, I do however think that Jay would have found a way to win it in the second half.

I'll tell you why I think this:

Ray has not reached the level Jay is at. Ray needs more GAME TIME experience and he has to continue to show improvement before he even gets there.

Don't underestimate experience.

In addition, Jay has a certain cleverness about his QB play that Ray will never have. You don't learn that.

Originally posted by Muck
Typ0.....do you consider Trent Dilfer to be in the upper echelon of QBs?? After all, he led Baltimore to 11 straight wins and a Super Bowl title off the bench.

Are saying that any QB who accomplishes what you described will have reached the upper echelon?? Or are you talking about Fiedler in particular??

Also, I disagree with the "excellent talent" statement. Jay had no offensive line or running game last year. They year before that he had no WRs and his arms were literally falling off.

This year, however, he has done a solid job. Was improving every week.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Jay doesn't have the physical talent to be in that upper echelon of QBs.
There are only a select few of those types of QBs. Upper echelon is JUST THAT....these guys possess talents that separate them from everyone else.
Super Bowl rings don't really matter here. We are talking about pure physical and mental capabilities used to master the position.

Again, I say there are only 2 maybe three playing in the NFL right now. Favre, Bledsoe, and McNabb. With the way Vick is playing, he will enter this league soon.

Superself, you left out Penny. He's third in QB rating right now. If he keeps this up he'll be in that league too given a string of seasons like he is doing now.

Originally posted by Superself
I definately disagree.

Although I know Ray did well in the first half and I have defended his positives in that Green Bay game, I do however think that Jay would have found a way to win it in the second half.

I'll tell you why I think this:

Ray has not reached the level Jay is at. Ray needs more GAME TIME experience and he has to continue to show improvement before he even gets there.

Don't underestimate experience.

In addition, Jay has a certain cleverness about his QB play that Ray will never have. You don't learn that.

Like Jay singlehandedly brought us back in the KC game right?

Alright, I will admit Jay is the best Qb on the team. Do I think he is a good Qb, No. But he is the best on the team. Jay has improved his play from last year, and I cant stand having Lucas at Qb he is such a girl. Gets injured before the half down on the field like he has broken his arm, comes back after halftime to play. Then he is questionable for this week. He is just a girl and is trying to blame injury on poor play.

Jay not a good QB? Hasn't the last couple weeks shown just how good he is?!?!?!?!

With Fiedler, our O is top 10 (and it was) without him, we don't score crap.

Jay Fiedler is a hell of a quarterback and I am damn glad he is only out for a few more weeks.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Jay not a good QB? Hasn't the last couple weeks shown just how good he is?!?!?!?!

With Fiedler, our O is top 10 (and it was) without him, we don't score crap.

Jay Fiedler is a hell of a quarterback and I am damn glad he is only out for a few more weeks.

D-13, CAN'T ADMIT that Jay is a good QB.....If he does, he'll have to admit that he was WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

He doesn't strike me as the type of person who will/can do that.

Back
Top Bottom