Who thinks r.brown will be the next star rb? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who thinks r.brown will be the next star rb?

PhinDude88 said:
IMO Brown will be a face to this team like Vick and Edge is a face for their team.
whatchu smokin wills?

give him 2-3 years before he does that.:goof:

General Grimmac said:
ronnie brown or willis mcgahee?

Right now you will have to go with McGahee because he has already prove that he can be a really good RB. Ask me after the season and i am sure my opinion will differ.

General Grimmac said:
ronnie brown or willis mcgahee?
That's a tough one. The Homer side of me wants to say Ronnie Brown without a doubt... but the other Homer side of me can't go against a UM alumni. :)
Seriously though, I think Willis is a far superior "pure runner". Not to say he can't catch and block, but his strength lies in running the ball very well. Whereas Ronnie's strength lies in his versatility. Both of them are great for their systems but I think Ronnie Brown has the chance to be much better one day.

heck, i like both backs... like i like larry johnson... all 3 of them are young studs on teams who will use them for many years to come. johnson proved himself the last 5 games of last year (he should have had the entire season behind holmes... blalock is soOOOOOO overrated) and mcgahee is pretty dang good.

i think ronnie should be able to prove himself the first 4 games of the season while ricky is suspended.

popularwar said:
He could be the next Marshall Faulk. That's saying a lot.

You mean leave the phins after 6 years and win the SB with another team

No doubt about it if he keeps running like the Mack truck he is then ......YES!!! :pray::pray::pray:

There is so much that Ronnie doesn't control that has to fall in place for him to be a "STAR" in the NFL. That being said, I think we have a coaching staff in place and players in place and will continue to add players that will compliment Ronnie well enough to propel him to become a great RB.

I belive Brown will be around something like this for the season
320 att 1385 yards 4.4 avg 11 td (20 carries per game)
Ricky assuming he playes 12 games and is healty
180 att 775 yards 4.3 avg 6 td (15 carries per game)
K.J in a limited role as 3rd string back
45 att 189 yards 4.2 avg 2 td

Brown is going to be the man! Being a top 5 pick, we should be seeing him go to the Pro Bowl quite often(by year 3).

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
Well just wanted to get some opinions on who thinks that r.brown could be the next star rb mvp of the nfl.

..No way man Ronnie is sure to be the next Blair Thomas..thank god we CAN rely on Ricky......

....(this is my attempt to use a little sarcasm, thank you for the oppurtunity:D )

Nublar7 said:
Brown is going to be the man! Being a top 5 pick, we should be seeing him go to the Pro Bowl quite often(by year 3).

Well, Nub, you and I both know being a top 5 pick doesn't guarentee him of anything if he doesn't have the players around him to aid him in being a stud! He can only do so much on his own, but, I think you're correct, come year 2 or 3, he'll be a top 5 back in this league!

If our O-line stays the same as it did last year, he'll do better than anyone else did last year but not good. If our O-line improves a little, he'll be pretty good. If our O-line becomes ABOVE AVERAGE, I think that he'll be great.

Lackluster threads... :shakeno: Can't wait for the season or training camp so there's actually something to talk about.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
Alot Of Peolpe When They Compare Rb's They Compare Ronnie To L.tomlinson And That My Friends I Think Would Be Awesome.

With his size and speed combo, I think he compares most favorably to Fred Taylor. When he's healthy I think FT is one of the top 2-3 backs in the league.

FT was also underutilized in Spurriers system so he didn't get much hype going into the draft. His combine performance shot him up, much like RB's did.

Back
Top Bottom