Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Leftwich

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

FinaticPatch

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Leftwich or Brunell (IN MIAMI)?

I want Brunell to be in a Miami uniform but I believe due to the fact Jax will be behind a bit more than us Leftwich will end up with more yardage. But also believe Brunell's Passer Rating will be much higher and INT's much lower.

Not unless they get a lot of help. Should we have get a sweet WR in the draft or in FA to pair with Chambers, and get an OL that can block, watch out. My thoughts on why-Ricky. If we have an OL that can block, Ricky will light things up, make defenders come up to the line leaving one on one coverage. Chambers can make those catches deep, and a good #2 should be able to as well. Not to mention Brunell on a roll out looking for Ricky or McMichael. :)

You don't think Norv (if he stays) would want to get some pay back from not being able to pass much the last 3-4 years? Just think back on Troy, those boys were a thing to watch. They had a QB, TE, RB and 2 awesome WRs. Notice they dropped off some when Harper left? That's why if we get a good #2 WR, we will rock.

Leftwich is a better QB. If Brunell comes to Miami, Leftwich will definitely have better stats. He will attempt a lot more passes.

We're still a pounding football team. I don't think Brunell will throw for more yards but Leftwich's yardage #s wont dwarf Brunell's.

Leftwhich...

when a 1st year year player is better then a vetren you know you shouldn't sign the the vetren (BRUNELL).

Definetly Leftwich:

Ricky Williams has lead the league in rushes every year since he's been in Miami (only 2 years, but still...) We are a RUN offense no matter who we aquire. With Fred Taylor doing bad recently, the Jaguars are turning into a PASS offense.

Plus, Leftwich will be a lot better next year.

But with a competent QB we wont have to rely on ricky near as much. And by the way Leftwich is not a better QB look at there QB ratings and TD to INT ratios before making that statement. And dont give me that he was benched for Leftwich B.S. cause of course he was they are still a few years away and dont know if Brunell will last 4 or 5 more years when Jax will be competitive. So hence they are WORKING ON THE FUTURE. It would be ignorance to say leftwich is better. Go to the Jags board and ask around.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
Leftwhich...

when a 1st year year player is better then a vetren you know you shouldn't sign the the vetren (BRUNELL).

I'm not so sure he is better. I think Jacksonville resigned to the fact their season would suck, and had many new young players, and figured this was the best season to say the hell with it and put them all on a fast learning curve.....I wouldn't be surprised if next season they start looking like Carolina a little bit more.....(i.e. a team that went 9-7 last year that no one really gave credit to until halfway through the season....and look where they are now)....I don't think the Jags will improve that much but I could easily see them having an above .500 next year, maybe playoffs and definitely the playoffs the year after.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
But with a competent QB we wont have to rely on ricky near as much. And by the way Leftwich is not a better QB look at there QB ratings and TD to INT ratios before making that statement. And dont give me that he was benched for Leftwich B.S. cause of course he was they are still a few years away and dont know if Brunell will last 4 or 5 more years when Jax will be competitive. So hence they are WORKING ON THE FUTURE. It would be ignorance to say leftwich is better. Go to the Jags board and ask around.
I have semi-family that are big time jaguar fans and they will tell you that Brunell is much better than Byron(at this point in their careers).....they were dying for Brunell to be put back in and were critical of DelRio for not making the move.

I know they were thinking more for the present than the future but, after watching Brunell for 10 years and Leftwich for a number of games...they KNEW who was better.

Back
Top Bottom