Who to get rid of for next year.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who to get rid of for next year....

BATMAN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If I'm the GM, Fiedler, Fletcher, Marion...

After today's game, Griese is our qb for the future...The colts defense is much better than SD and I thought Brian played well given the time he had...

How many of you gasped when Surtain went down the the tv announcer said Fletcher had replaced him???...I though Manning would go right after him...He is a waste..He will not become good.

I'm also tired of seeing Brock Marion always getting beat. Wannstedt should NEVER have him conver anyone one on one.
He might still be of use helping out the cornerbacks, but I think he's WAY past his prime and will occasionally get a pick. But he seems to get burned by everyone he covers...

Wanny has to go. O-line coach doesn't seem to be doing anything either.

Who to get rid of:

Todd Wade
Tim Ruddy
Jamie Nails
Derrius Thompson
Jamar Fletcher
Jay Fiedler
Dave Wannstedt
Jim Bates
Keith Armstrong

Originally posted by RikWriter
Who to get rid of:

Todd Wade
Tim Ruddy
Jamie Nails
Derrius Thompson
Jamar Fletcher
Jay Fiedler
Dave Wannstedt
Jim Bates
Keith Armstrong

Damn Rik!!! That's some list!!!!

They're gonna have to do some heavy thinking come the middle of Feb. They need to get under the cap by enough to re-sign Wally, sign some O-Linemen, and then they have the draft.

IMO,

Top Free Agent Priority:
1.OLINE(load it up)
2.Wally, of course

Then when April 26 rolls around:
Draft a damn WR in the first round. Don't let guys like Boldin, Calico, and Washington slip by you. Michael Clayton on the board when you pick? That's a no brainer. I wouldn't mind Michael Jenkins or Lee Evans either..

Originally posted by RikWriter
Who to get rid of:

Todd Wade
Tim Ruddy
Jamie Nails
Derrius Thompson
Jamar Fletcher
Jay Fiedler
Dave Wannstedt
Jim Bates
Keith Armstrong

How much cap room would that create? Enough for some O-line help?

We can draft a safety or have Turo play FS.

Here is my picks for cuts:
Fiedler
Marion
Perry
Ruddy
McKnight( he does not even like it here the way we have treated him)
Fletcher

Those are not all the players that will be gone though.

Re-structure the Griese deal. The Madison deal should be extended or

Wade will not return probably.
Burnett is retiring.

My solution.

1st- Micheal Jenkins
Let O-Gun for for a first- Get Joseph of Miami FL.
3rd- Safety
4th- Defensive Tackle
6th- Raw CB
7th- Anybody maybe a DE that has been injured alot.

For the DE hole then you have Bowens, Williams, Grisby, L. Williams, and maybe a late draft pick. Bowens has consistenly been better than O-Gun when healthy. He has beaten him out in training camp all the time. Those DEs will shore up that hole.

We cannot pay O-Gun 5m a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by BATMAN
If I'm the GM, Fiedler, Fletcher, Marion...

After today's game, Griese is our qb for the future...The colts defense is much better than SD and I thought Brian played well given the time he had...

How many of you gasped when Surtain went down the the tv announcer said Fletcher had replaced him???...I though Manning would go right after him...He is a waste..He will not become good.

I'm also tired of seeing Brock Marion always getting beat. Wannstedt should NEVER have him conver anyone one on one.
He might still be of use helping out the cornerbacks, but I think he's WAY past his prime and will occasionally get a pick. But he seems to get burned by everyone he covers...

Why go there now? There are 8-weeks left. I don't get some of you.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Who to get rid of for next year....

Originally posted by Oliver

Why go there now? There are 8-weeks left. I don't get some of you.

Oliver...

I don't think that we have given up on the season, but can we get enough o-line help this year to make a run? I would love to see the Dolphins go on a tear and finish 13-3, but I can't see the current O-line making that possible.

What I would do:

Get Fiedler & Griese's agents on a conference call and tell them the player willing to do a new deal that works best for the team will be staying and the one who doesn't will be looking for a job. Let them know that they'll have a chance to compete for a starting job but that somebody like Tim Couch, Mark Brunell, or Jon Kitna will also be coming in. I favor this approach over drafting a highly-touted rookie next draft.

Also, I do think it's time to cut Mare loose. I do appreciate the years he has given us, but his skills seem to be eroding. I'd like to see a latter round draft pick used to shore up the kicking game. I'd also like to see Turk/Royals get replaced by a young punter. Hopefully that can be done with a rookie free agent.

I agree that the offensive line is the biggest area to improve and that it would be nice to get a decent receiver to compliment Chambers and McMichael.

fans who give up their teams half way thru the season

We can get a good #2 in the draft like Jenkins. Fiedler is gone and Griese can be re-structured. He is 29 by the start of next season, if we can get him a good OL that is atleast five years of being a good QB.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
MCMichael will want a big contract after this year too

He AND Chambers are free agents in 2005. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom