Who to get rid of for next year.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who to get rid of for next year....

Originally posted by Jimmy James
What I would do:

Get Fiedler & Griese's agents on a conference call and tell them the player willing to do a new deal that works best for the team will be staying and the one who doesn't will be looking for a job. I'd also like to see Turk/Royals get replaced by a young punter. Hopefully that can be done with a rookie free agent.

I agree that the offensive line is the biggest area to improve and that it would be nice to get a decent receiver to compliment Chambers and McMichael.

If Fiedler would take less money than Griese, you would keep Fiedler???? WOW..

On the punting..for the life of me I can't figure out why Stemke, who punted the &^%$ out of the ball in preseason, is not on the team and Turkey is..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

He AND Chambers are free agents in 2005. :eek:

You know what.. McMichael signed a 4yr deal, so 2006 for him.

Don't think he'll be getting a big deal this upcoming offseason. Chambers will be more of a priority as he, Burress, and Porter will be the head of the 2005 receiver crop.

He is just a TE calm down. Chambers will get the by far bigger deal. Worth it for sure both of them. Our bright spots on offense.

Originally posted by BATMAN

On the punting..for the life of me I can't figure out why Stemke, who punted the &^%$ out of the ball in preseason, is not on the team and Turkey is..

What is wrong with Turk? What the hell?

Stemke wasn't consistent, that's why he got dropped. He'll have another chance next year.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

What is wrong with Turk? What the hell?

Stemke wasn't consistent, that's why he got dropped. He'll have another chance next year.

Granted, Turk punted very well today..But after watching him last year, it seems every time we need a big punt Turk would muff one. Know what I mean.. Either way I like Turk and Stemke better than Royals..ugh

Originally posted by BATMAN

If Fiedler would take less money than Griese, you would keep Fiedler???? WOW..

You should be surprised that I would keep Griese if he took less. I like Fiedler a lot, but I don't think either of these guys is a for sure solution for next year onward.

Re: Re: Who to get rid of for next year....

Originally posted by dolphan39
fans who give up their teams half way thru the season

That's the best thing I have heard all night!

What I don't get is how this thread suggests any of us have given up. It's never too early to start looking ahead, and it's not like any of this is set in stone.

This Dolphin team can still make a go of this season, and I'm absolutely pulling for them to do so. While it's also possible that they could collapse and end up a 6-10 team, none of us want to see that at all.

People i'd let go for either performance/salary issues.

Marion
Perry
Ruddy
Wade
Fletcher
Fiedler
Armstrong
Wise
Bates
Wanny
McKnight
O-Gun(a trade for a first, can't pay him)
Madison re-structure or trade for a first

If we have two firsts go for a WR and OL
If we have three go for a WR OT and OG

We could go with a lesser CB if we play a different system under our new coach and we need to get some OL in here.

Either way, this season either turns around or I get my wish and Wanny goes and takes Bates and his bend but don't break system with him. (this team has way too much talent to be giving away games like this, imagine if we had Belichick)

Back
Top Bottom