Who to trade up with | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who to trade up with

Flyer22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If Miami decides to trade up, what team would be best/most likely to agree to a trade?
I think the 49ers have been exploring trades, and the 7th spot would be a great place to nab Cutler. Your thoughts?

The Niners would love to move down thats one where we would have to wait until the pick comes up to see if our boy Cutler is still there It would cost a lot but 7 would be a good spot imo.

I don't think Cutler is there at 7. To make sure we get him, I think we need to look around 4, and that's the Yets, so you know they won't trade. Maybe 5 with the Titans, but that would cost us a LOT! I don't think there is much of a chance we get Cutler.

MiamiFan1354 said:
I don't think Cutler is there at 7. To make sure we get him, I think we need to look around 4, and that's the Yets, so you know they won't trade. Maybe 5 with the Titans, but that would cost us a LOT! I don't think there is much of a chance we get Cutler.
Cutler...top 5...are you serious? Jesus H, you'd think the guy won the heisman or something.

StLouisFinFan said:
Cutler...top 5...are you serious? Jesus H, you'd think the guy won the heisman or something.
The hype around Cutler will subside when all the other QBs do thier own workouts. He will be a 10-20 pick I think.

There's so much time left. 1st we need to see what happens with Detroit and Arizona. If they acquire veteran QB's then we can stay where we are. If Detroit still needs a QB then we will have to move ahead of them. Either Young or Cutler will be available at the 9th pick. So moving up with SF makes the most sense. Obviously the best way would be Ricky + #16 but I'm not sure if that's enough (or too much). It really depends on how they see Gore's future. I can't imagine they have alot of faith in Barlow.

Being able to get Ricky to put next to their spaghetti armed $60MM QB and still having the #16 pick for upgrading the defense or offense (Chad Jackson, Winston Justice, Vernon Davis if he slips). In fact alot of mocks have them taking a TE to help the QB, they can probably still get a top TE at #16.

Everyone seems to think were drafting Cutler. Most mocks have us taking Cutler. Now word is "sources say Saban is enamored with Cutler". You know what that tells me, were not drafting Cutler. Ask yourself, why would Saban tell ANYONE right now who he is drafting. You hear more lies between now and the draft that you can't trust any of them. Last year, everyone thought it was either Smith or Rodgers and we drafted Ronnie Brown. No QB in the entire draft when people thought we were gonna draft a QB. I see the same thing happening this year. Make people think were gonna take a QB. Nick knows he needs to upgrade the defense and get it younger. Folks, we had one of the oldest D's in the league and finished 24th in the league in defense. We need to get younger and faster on the defensive side of the ball.

StLouisFinFan said:

There are already talks about the Titans having interest in Cutler, and the new guy in the Yets front office may not like working with a china doll at QB, so they may also be willing to pull the trigger. I'm not saying that I think he has the tallent to be a top 5 pick, but teams sometimes take a chance on a guy that they think will be able to turn their franchise around.

one of the QB's will definatly drop to 7 IMO

NYPhinFan said:
The hype around Cutler will subside when all the other QBs do thier own workouts. He will be a 10-20 pick I think.
he'll do his own workout as well, and if anything, the hype will just increase.

Flyer22 said:
If Miami decides to trade up, what team would be best/most likely to agree to a trade?
I think the 49ers have been exploring trades, and the 7th spot would be a great place to nab Cutler. Your thoughts?
I think you hit it right on the head. If we trade up I think this may be the best shot.

23Dolphins34 said:
Everyone seems to think were drafting Cutler. Most mocks have us taking Cutler. Now word is "sources say Saban is enamored with Cutler". You know what that tells me, were not drafting Cutler. Ask yourself, why would Saban tell ANYONE right now who he is drafting. You hear more lies between now and the draft that you can't trust any of them. Last year, everyone thought it was either Smith or Rodgers and we drafted Ronnie Brown. No QB in the entire draft when people thought we were gonna draft a QB. I see the same thing happening this year. Make people think were gonna take a QB. Nick knows he needs to upgrade the defense and get it younger. Folks, we had one of the oldest D's in the league and finished 24th in the league in defense. We need to get younger and faster on the defensive side of the ball.

Dolphin rumors are either leaks from other teams or lies, because Nick has his camp battened down tight.

NYPhinFan said:

I agree. My preference is for the Phins to draft him at 16. He has loads of potential, but that's it. He's not a can't miss guy. I would not be willing to surrender picks to move up to get him.

mbsinmisc said:
Dolphin rumors are either leaks from other teams or lies, because Nick has his camp battened down tight.
I agree with that but It doesnt mean he wasnt "overheard" (by that I mean eavesdropped)talking at the seniorbowl.

Back
Top Bottom