Who Was Joe Rose's Mentor On The Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Was Joe Rose's Mentor On The Dolphins

Dmarino110

Starter
Reaction score
I thought I remember the story as Mandich being his mentor but now looking in Wiki it doesnt look like they were on the team at the same time. So if anyone remembers the story, who was the guy that told him to sit by him and take the locker by him the 1st day he entered camp?

Thanks,

I thought I remember the story as Mandich being his mentor but now looking in Wiki it doesnt look like they were on the team at the same time. So if anyone remembers the story, who was the guy that told him to sit by him and take the locker by him the 1st day he entered camp?

Thanks,

Bruce Hardy?

I think he roomed with Strocker and he kept Rose under control. I recall him talking about it on his show. Strock was awesome coming in saving Woodleys ass.

I think he roomed with Strocker and he kept Rose under control. I recall him talking about it on his show. Strock was awesome coming in saving Woodleys ***.
I'm sure Shula decided on roommate assignments, and every other detail for that matter.

Locker rooms were a lot different then, I imagine.

I like the JR show during the season, big O too, for that matter.

Off season their shows are just too hard to listen to.

Hardy makes sense they used Tony Nathan a bit back then on the underneath stuff so he could be in play.

I'm sure Shula decided on roommate assignments, and every other detail for that matter.

Locker rooms were a lot different then, I imagine.

I like the JR show during the season, big O too, for that matter.

Off season their shows are just too hard to listen to.

He had Strock on his show a few months ago and they talked about it. Check out the Joe Rose Show archives good stuff. Strock was like a father figure to him lol

He had Strock on his show a few months ago and they talked about it. Check out the Joe Rose Show archives good stuff. Strock was like a father figure to him lol
Don Strock was a heck of a player and person. He was the talent in Wood-Strock, not Woodley. Strock tutored Marino and helped him adjust to the NFL so incredibly quickly. He also thought up the Fake Spike play that Marino used against the Jets. I always thought Strock deserved more praise than he received.

Don Strock was a heck of a player and person. He was the talent in Wood-Strock, not Woodley. Strock tutored Marino and helped him adjust to the NFL so incredibly quickly. He also thought up the Fake Spike play that Marino used against the Jets. I always thought Strock deserved more praise than he received.

Concur.

The problem with Strock was that he couldn’t play under center. He was simply a shotgun QB and played best in leading the team from behind. That’s why he never could keep the starting job,
Having said that, Shula should have benched Woodley midway through the 3rd quarter in the SB.
All I remember is Woodley 0 for 8 passing in the 2nd half as the Hogs wore down the Killer Bs.
With respect to the TEs, Dan Johnson and Bruce Hardy were a good combination

Back
Top Bottom