who was your fav miami running back (Poll) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who was your fav miami running back (Poll)

Larry Csonka
Althogh not electifying to some, he was to me. To see him drop his shoulder and flat out run over a man and carry him and 4 other defenders an extra 7,8 12 yards down the field with those powerful legs churning was flat out Awesome !!!

I was nine years old when Larry Csonka retired from the Dolphins. I'm a month away from 34 now. I barely have recollection of Dan Marino in the mid 80's.

Either I did one too many drugs in my formative years or some people are bullsh*ttin' about their recollections of Larry Csonka. ;)

Like others I will say Zonk. I would have easily said Ricky, and maybe will again someday. But right now I am so disgusted with him I wouldn't pick him to tote the rock for the local high school team.

mark higgs rocked little guy did some good stuff for us.

ZOD said:
I was nine years old when Larry Csonka retired from the Dolphins. I'm a month away from 34 now. I barely have recollection of Dan Marino in the mid 80's.

Either I did one too many drugs in my formative years or some people are bullsh*ttin' about their recollections of Larry Csonka. ;)
Im 40, so a few years older , but trust me the only Bull here was Zonk. If you ever get a chance to go back and watch some old tapes, you will see what I mean. He would hit a guy and actually carry him, some times it took 3,4 even 5 guys to get him down, and many times I have seen him drag a pile down the field. I will say that if Ricky had played for us longer than 2 years, he would have eventually been my choice, but I cant choose a 2 year quitter over a man like the Zonk that helped us go to and win 2 Super Bowls. The guy had heart, and man was he tough !

DOLPHAN1 said:
besides the obvious picks, i always liked the under-dogs. bernie parmalee and mark higgs get my vote. to a lesser degree, mark logan and james saxon.

i´m with you on this one, parmalee and higgs and karim abdul jabbar was also ok, heck even terry kirby was a nice pick back in the days

I always liked Troy Stradford, and I believe he would have been Marino's superbowl ticket if he hadn't blown his knee out.

Csonka I think the defenders hated tring to tackle him cause he always hit them harder than they hit him

a few more for the list

Gary Davis
Leroy Harris
Lorenzo Hampton
Bobby Humphrey
Aaron Craver
Tony Paige
Keith Byars

I was a nathan fan. I wouold loved to see how overstreet would have developed, Smith had alot of ability. but Rickey was my favorite

I was shocked to see only one mention of Tony Nathan. A running back on a passing team, Nathan fit in perfectly. A model for today's versatile back, Nathan could get the tough yards when called upon, but was at his most dangerous receiving.

Back
Top Bottom