Who will be our 5 starting OL? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be our 5 starting OL?

i would take hadnot over mckinney anyday. Mckinney is a terrible center. We should have addressed the position more in the draft or free agency

PhinDude88 said:
LT-Damion McIntosh
LG-Jeno James
C-Wade Smith
RG-Rex Hadnot/Vernon Carey
RT-Stockar McDougle

St.Clair will be our top backup guy.

I also think that Wade could suprise...but it might take a year of backing up someone at C.

As for Carey...I don't see him at RG at all now. I think that Hadnot and Cook will battle it out for the starter/backup spot. I think that Carey will end up bing 3rd string LT and RT with St.Clair being the Center or 2nd string Tackle backup. Heck....there are so many different things that could happen now, there's no telling who's even going to make the team. This is the 1st time in a very long time we've actually got a very good # of players who should be in the mix for all the starting jobs...the only 1 that I think is a given is Jeno at LG. I also feel that McDougle will be the RT but that's not even a given quite yet (although it's close to a given).

zephon said:
I also think that Wade could suprise...but it might take a year of backing up someone at C.

As for Carey...I don't see him at RG at all now. I think that Hadnot and Cook will battle it out for the starter/backup spot. I think that Carey will end up bing 3rd string LT and RT with St.Clair being the Center or 2nd string Tackle backup. Heck....there are so many different things that could happen now, there's no telling who's even going to make the team. This is the 1st time in a very long time we've actually got a very good # of players who should be in the mix for all the starting jobs...the only 1 that I think is a given is Jeno at LG. I also feel that McDougle will be the RT but that's not even a given quite yet (although it's close to a given).

I agree. Seems like Carey, Smith, McDougle and St. Clair will all compete for tackle spots, center could be McKinney, Smith, or Hadnot, and RG will end up being the best leftover from those position battles.

phinfan2003 said:
What about Hadnot?
They can say that they would like to move Smith to Center, but i with you on Hadnot, I think he will be our starting center, come the beginning of the season.

armyfinfan said:
LT-D.Mac
LG-James
C-St.Clair
RG-Carey
RT-McDougle

IMO those are our best lineman so hopefully they are the ones playin

This is the one I agree with.

I look at it like this.

LT--McIntosh/bc Wade
LG--Jeno
C--Hadnot or St. Clair
RG--Mckinney or Cook
RT--McDougal or Carey

Cuts Whitney,,,about time
PS..Abili

Bottom line, better personnel than last year..

LT Damion McIntosh
LG Jeno James
C Rex Hadnot
RG Vernon Carey
RT Stockar McDougal

PhinDude88 said:
Wade Smith is going to be moved to C to compete with McKinney. IMO, Smith will do a good job at C for us. I am sure that Houck will teach him the ways of becoming a great C.

Yeah I forgot Wade was moved to Center he should be ablt to beat out seth there. He showed flashes but never was he going to be a good LT. Certain players made him look sooo bad the last couple years.

I like this:

starters

LT- Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C- Rex Hadnot
RG- John St. Clair
RT- Stockar McDougle

backups:
LT-Anthony Alabi
LG- Seth McKinney
C- Wade Smith
RG- Damion Cook